The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 44

*Ahem* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAHAAAAHAAH! That was so satifying seeing Mielle think she was some hot shit only to be utterly and completely shut down like the little ignorant self-righteous twerp she is.

Gosh, gotta love some historical accuracy in the story. Mille's mind set is pretty normal in high class noble family (man is the one who work for money and woman's job is to take care of the household). I think it shows how out of touch she is with common folks

Phew it's good Mielle is conservative, close minded and easy to anger. But that maid of hers is too smart 🤔

Man, aria needs to focus on that Maid instead of Mielle. Once she gets rid of the Maid Mielle will be helpless.

Omg Aria and Mielle don’t even look remotely close in age anymore... Mielle looks like a fucking child and Aria looks like a fucking goddess at this point

Mielle really be thinking she’s smart and slick but damn LMAAOOOO the idea from the beginning was semi bad but how she executed it was even worst LOLOLOL it’s what she deservesssss she ain’t no future duchess or anythinggggg

Aggregator gang
@elhessan: they have been doing well and they have bunch of experience (at least much more than a count's daughter whose brain only capable of thinking about her fiance who she even unable to seduce) so they can decide whether they should step down and hire someone or not. She's trying to create relationships with them, she should at least do an investigation on their circumstances.

Here comes series of actions that she didn't know before. I think it will be even more exciting ahead.

Dex-chan lover
Milliele did a poor job even from pov of high ranking nobles. She exhibit poor manners and can't save her face with that retreat. Those will become gossip for a new duchess, especially when she was brought in comparison to her supposed rude sister. While it is true that ducal family won't be trouble by those, it is still unnecessary blunder.

@WhimsiCat

About your bookworm comment.
It has been a couple years since I finished raw wn of bookworm via mtl, so I might forget some of it. Don't worry I won't make any spoiler.

I agree that bookworm did good job on mundane noble life, especially at its own world building of fantasy setting. But as far as I remember, political climate in bookworm is much less hostile that this or even average stories. (This series is built upon revenge after all. Malice is off the roof in this one.) Most of infighting are more of rivalry than enemies. Not to mention that with quite self-sufficiency of each faction, it is much easier to cut tie with opponents.

Dex-chan lover
@Kalamel : I finished the WN :v so I don't mind spoilers.
Yeah, Bookworm's politic can feel closer to something of rival sport teams at times with how the nobles still work for prosperity of the country overall and how the school is basically one big national contest.

But considering things like the recent coup that caused the current decline in number of nobles, name offering that literally give someone the hold over your life and other stuffs, it definitely can get dark if it want to real fast (hell, Ferdinand's past...)

I just refer to Myne gifting items bearing her crest because the reasons behind it likely align with the original meaning behind the act in this series.
Of course Mielle is using it with the 'modern' noble mindset which have corrupted the spirit of the practice into something else.

Users who are viewing this thread