The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 2 Ch. 54

Aggregator gang
@kirscheA That is something the series makes quite clear, the nobles, at least those from Mielle's side, tend to really suck.

As for her not defending the woman she sees as a mother:
No wonder, this is the same girl that later on tries to kill her own father and frame Aria for it, and she privately thinks it sucks he didn't die so that his money would go to her and her brother, just to further show that Mielle really is an awful person and that Aria is not the only villainess.

@jackalan

But, the authors haven't thrown around other side romantic rivals to mess thing up purposely yet. I don't know if they will appear... stupidly somewhere to stir up drama (this type of cliche is evidential in so many reincarnation mangas I assume that you also read into the genre). When this happens, it just drags the storyline and dumbs down the initial good characters.

I don't know if someone has told you about this but

From what I remember there were no more actual love rivals from here on... the white haired guy on the cover kinda tried to get aria to move to his country but failed lmaooo

there were basically none of those jealousy/misunderstanding drama

Dex-chan lover
I'm normally a big fan of (W)incest, when its desired from both sides that is. Cain's just a creep honestly lol.
He gets whats coming to him eventually, but.... that won't be till the very end. Get ready to really hate him each time he shows up from now on.

So much happened this chapter that its hard to react to all of it!
First, Verri.... sorry/not sorry for you. Kindof hopped she would turn you into a useful pawn/spy in another country. Idk, maybe she could help secure trade routs and confirm the normal price of goods or something (since sugar was apparently a commodity, who knows what else is actually cheap that the nobles turned into luxury goods)
Second, Emma.... a bit sad we didn't get to see your head roll, or at least Aria and your face when it happened
Lastly, prince.... its finally official! I wish she could tell her mother now "You don't need to worry about money or prestige anymore mama, I make more money than that useless count now, and am on the path to takeover the throne."

This story is so damn good!!!! Well done on doing this yourself BTW, and thanks for the surprise of an early update 🙏

@SilentStorm
Oh yea, I forgot about that part. She was so desperate to the point of harming her own father and try to blame it on Ariel. I think she wouldn't be this bad if she was raised properly. The only person I sympathize with the most in the webtoon is Oscar. The poor boy is innocent.

For Spanish speakers, please don't look at translations of the novel, they were made using Google Translator, and went all wrong. Just keep reading in English.
Traductores mancos.

@doradora mhm
Eventually Aria and Asher go public with their relationship which pisses Cain off. So after she comes home and the maids all saw Asher kiss her goodnight (yes it was beautiful to read) he goes to Aria’s room the next day and tries to slap her before being held back by the knights. He then orders them all to lock Aria in her room so she can’t leave to see Asher again and has the nerve to act shocked no one listened to him on this. Another MUCH bigger spoiler under the next cut which will spoil the whole next arc which is really fun to read
So Mielle tries to kill the Count and frame Aria for it and manipulates Cain into going along with her by saying that once Aria is arrested they can convince a judge to confine her to her manor forever since she is still a noble. She basically tells Cain that once they do this Aria really will never be able to escape him and he can have her all to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread