The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 2 Ch. 55

@YuriIsTooLewd
I'm not gonna say that what he's doing is cute in any way. What he's doing is wrong, and in the long term, yes, it's harmful. But the problem is, currently he's not actually trying to harm her at the present moment. You're simply now going to the point where you're condemning him for something he hasn't actually done yet.

Ewww what a weird brother. Why doesn't he have a fiance yet? Poor Aria... she did a little too good at getting her "brother" on her side but her inner facial reactions are so funny 😂

@Randompasserby18 Yea, Aria looks older for her age because she ages each time she uses the hourglass. I can't remember which chapter it was that explained/implied it, but the hourglass seems to take her lifespan in exchange for going back in time. I think it was both a tool for the author to show there are consequences to her power but also as a way to make her seem like a more suitable partner for Asher, so I think is like 20?

Either way, she's mentally older than both of them since she's lived twice :p

@omegaxis1
But the problem is, currently he's not actually trying to harm her at the present moment.
He is trying to restrict her freedom and to prevent her from having relationships. That's harm. And in the present moment.

for something he hasn't actually done yet.
No, it's for something he attempted doing. He did act with the intention, and that something. It's the same principle for which the law punish attempted murder and not just murder. Him being laughably incompetent and not succeeding is irrelevant. My examples were possible outcomes in the case he did succeed with his intention+action, they were not about the future.

@YuriIsTooLewd
The examples you used aren't necessarily things that warrant justification. Because Aria herself has committed acts that are similar in hurtful nature. Not to mention that there are plenty of MLs that are similar to how the brother is acting as well, yet they also receive support.

If anything, the "gross" nature is only described as such only due to how she hates him because of what he did to her in a time that no longer exists.

Dex-chan lover
Aria is clearly disgusted by the guy!! If she wasn't maybe I'd give the brother a chance, if he was portrayed as a misunderstood person etc. it would be fine I guess. But that's not the case. That's why the brother is disgusting!

Well, isn't it time for people to get over the theory about aging faster, she just got tired for the high mana consume rate. In the novel the ability got explain very clear later, so Aria wont become old any time soon.

About Cain, in the past timeline, he kill Aria to bury his desire for her "dirty" body, which in this timeline due to Aria try to get his help, he think he actually has a chance. So far no harm done, but we can agree that Cain think with his lower body much more, and not the kind of brother any girl want to see crawling near herself

@omegaxis1
Yes, Aria has committed horrid acts considering she's playing the role of the villainess protag. It's more understandable because she's taking those actions against those who have wronged her in her past life, and considering they still have the ability to bring that potential harm against her, she's taking these actions to prevent her own downfall. There's also the added plus that she recognizes that she's not a good person and she's doing it for herself compared to Cain who tries to justify his actions as "looking out for his younger sister." She's not obligated to "forgive" or "forget" them when they were still as cruel to her and willing to put her through the same harm when she returned to this new timeline since these aren't people who are alternative nicer versions of themselves- it's still them at the end of the day and she knows their intentions are not anywhere near kind. It's the same thing why a lot of people hate The Abandoned Empress.

With Cain, the reason why people find him gross is not just the incest thing he's got going on, but that he's actively preying on his younger sister who would be considered by everyone at this moment until later to be someone without much power. There is a strong power imbalance between the both of them that he certainly recognizes since her facade to him and much of the other characters is a petite, delicate, and meek misunderstood flower. He only begins to find attraction in her for her looks and the fact that she's vulnerable, and even though she's the complete opposite of his ideals, his intentions are not anywhere near trying to protect Aria for her sake, but for his own sake while denying that fact. And even with controlling MLs, many people tend to still get annoyed or creeped out by their actions because some do take it to extremes and attempt to restrict freedom, which others will call out as toxic and manipulative because they are typically those two things. He may not be overtly hurting and hating her like in the past, but it doesn't mean he's not as warped as he was back then.

I've read pseudo incest & found it cute before, but this is just gross, & I'm trying to figure out why

is it cause he's literally only lusting after her beauty? cause he doesn't care at all what she might think & already decided that she'll remain single forever in his house? cause he never formed a relationship with her based on mutual respect & always looked down on her birth but is now suddenly so concerned? or all of the above?

@biiitterly
I agree, and it is good that she at least acknowledges that she isn't so much of a good person or pure of heart because she knows that she's just wanting revenge and isn't one to let go of grudges for actions that haven't even been committed yet.

The problem though is that Aria herself is the one that made Cain perceive her as this weak, vulnerable girl that needs his protection and has this toxic masculinity effect going. She's the one that's been playing herself as someone that is so delicate and weak the entire time and has even been preying on Cain's growing lust for her even. It's kind of silly to be completely disgusted with him when she's very much the one that's been throwing fuel to the fire here.

Why are people only pointing Cain out as the disgusting incestuous incel while not pointing out the fact that Aria's been literally stoking those feelings the entire time? His now growing more and more aggressive in his approach is a result of the very actions she's been performing to garner sympathy for herself so that she can get back at Mielle.

@omegaxis1 That is true I will admit, but I don't remember her saying ow when Asher grabbed her, and I mean like ow like in a bad way. I just wonder why you are defending Cain, its interesting honestly. I see your point of Aria egging him on in his delusional but she has always every time she has reminded him that she is her sister no matter what, so maybe we should give Aria shit for that but at the same time this novel is about her manipulating others for her gain so its a little skewed I would say

@omegaxis1
If I remember the novel correctly, it is mentionned somewhere that he killed her in her past life so that he wouldn't lust anymore on her, not because she was his sister, but because he hated her and found her a disgrace to the family.
This time around, Aria is everything a lady should be, and this was enough to attract him even more. The fact that she turned to him for help just reinforced the idea that he had a shot with her.
However I can't remember a single instance where she actively flirted with him, he's only making stuff up as time goes and feels entitled to her as her "brother", that's literally it. She's got every rights to be disgusted with him, just because she's using this for her revenge doesn't mean it isn't repulsing in itself.

@omegaxis1 Agree with the part that Aria use Cain lust for her to move Cain according to her scheme. On other hand, Cain do not talking with Aria at all, nor he do not show any will to know his younger sister, which should be a basic for healthy relationship. Now that lack of invest combine with his demand for Aria is very toxic and manipulative. In short, he dont want to care for her, he dont show any action to know her better, but he like her body very much, he hate man getting close to her. Kinda explain why Cain dont get much like from reader

Users who are viewing this thread