The Villainess Turns the Hourglass

A guilty pleasure hmm🤔 still on the early chapters but i feel so dirty reading this lol because of some mini angel-like figure on my side keep bothering me all the time😌.
Now what i want is just some character development from the mc and see her true kindness because thats what make her more charming, well at least to me.

Fed-Kun's army
This was so good. I can't believe i enjoyed it so much
you are always rooting for her even when she is showing his villainous side

I read something similar to what I'm about to say on tumblr, but I can't find the post now.

Warning: Do not read this story if you expect MF to be a saint. This is not like other titles where the "Villainess" is actually good and wholesome, but is perceived to be evil due to her enemies' influence over her social life. Aria Roscente is a true villain. She is evil, manipulative, and can be terrifyingly brutal. I don't expect her to be redeemed as a "Saintess" ever. If that doesn't sound appealing to you, don't read this comic.

But, if you can cast your expectations from other series aside - this is one of the best web comics you will read. Like many others, I can't help but cheer for her, especially while she is enacting her revenge. What makes Aria so appealing, so alluring, is this manipulative and highly intelligent side. To say that you are disappointed in her behavior is to completely sideline what this story is about. Yes, we see some likeable moments later on with her emotions towards Sarah. Aria is the MC, and despite the fact that she is evil, we are supposed to like her. Moments like these are supposed to remind us that she can be adorable and loveable. But for every moment that Aria has felt warmly towards Sarah, there have been at least twice the amount where she is even more excited about how well she has used Sarah.

She isn't a demon, and she isn't an angel. She has always been, and still is, a villainess - and now one who has been burned badly. Only, during her second chance, she is much smarter and better at hiding her evil side from others in order to get back at them. Aria Roscente is a tragic villain who you should both pity and cheer for at the same time, but she will always be a villain. Her redemption should not be that she becomes a kind and saintly person, but rather instead that after her revenge is enacted, she could be happy and perhaps even loved.

This strongly reminds me of the movie Vanity Fair for some reasons. No matter how beautiful and clever Becky was and how hard she worked, she was always disregarded because she is a woman and a woman of low origins at that. Kinda made me emotional seeing how the step father treats the MC.

Everytime
she uses the hourglass
, I feel nervous cause it takes tolls on her body.

Group Leader
For those interested in continuing the story in the novel,
Season 1 of the manhwa ends at chapter 119 of the novel
119 is almost all of chapter 45 with the exception of the last paragraph which is where season 2 begins

On one hand, this manhwa has one of the most questionable moral compasses I’ve seen in these kinds of manhwas. On the other, it’s so raw and real and human (and sadistic) that I love it.

I keep wondering how long this series is will be on hiatus and just saw that only a month has passed since they posted. It like months has already passed since I last read this.

I’ve been keeping an eye on it on tappytoons too 🤣
I just love this series so much 😭

please tell me this isn't on "hiatus" but is actually canceled because its been licensed by tappytoons

I’m stopping at chapter 39 for now or until the second season come out... For now it’s just good nothing too exciting but it’s intriguing 🧐

Everytime I reread this in hopes for more content but I already know I'm gonna have to wait months just to get some crumbs

Users who are viewing this thread