The Villainess Turns the Hourglass

@yudh08

You're right. I think it was that arc. Aria was upset over being rejected (since she didn't want to die...I also personally think she caught some feelings), but she was willing to push forward and find better paths to survival. It's like you said, she became very productive and gave a lot of people pathways to success that otherwise wouldn't get them, like the Baron. Meanwhile Mielle still can't forget this matter due to her hurt pride and is petty and rude af.

In some ways, we see that kind of contrast between them where Mielle only cares for upper crust nobles, but thinks everyone else is either below her or trash for existing while Aria now rembers her roots and is willing to give others opportunities so long as they prove themselves talented/useful.

I think Aria felt disheartened her previous life and became unmotivated because of it, likely due to Mielle crushing her spirit and leading her wrong, but now that she's been given motivation, she's become a very worthy person.

It's not until Mielle provokes Aria that her downfall truly begins. Otherwise, I think Aria would have eventually taken her mother and left them all behind. It also counts as revenge against the Roscents to reveal your true identity and go "bye bye", taking away all of your cash, connections, and empire with you while your stepdad cries in the dust.

The new chapter 50 was both touching and painful for that reason, since it turns out
the reason our formerly impulsive Aria tried to poison Mielle in the first place was to avenge her mother

And on your other question
from what I remember, the prince doesn't have a trigger like the hourglasses because he's of the royal bloodline. Aria has to rely on the hourglass because she descended from somebody who bathed in the magical royal pool that gives abilities but isn't of royal blood themselves. Those powers only awakened in her because she was put in a dangerous situation aka her beheading.

@forget_it dude thanks FYI😀

btw about that "Aria felt disheartened her previous life"
it's remind me when she surrounded by men and said in her inner monologue (cmiiw) "i didn't toying with men's heart anymore"

she give me a bit of sense of remorse and redemption

@yudh08 no problem

That's so true. She's really grown. It's because it's a gradual and natural growth that people don't realize how much she's grown until it hits them in the face lol

Every time i read this and reread this i always end up liking aria's character. She's really self-aware even in her past life and she is knows she was not a good person. And i think she still thinks she is evil even now but it feels more like a pretend and something she tells herself to protect her heart. Like "im evil villainess so i wont be hurt despite how people treat me coz i can treat them to some worse experience" its very sad but i sure hope she realize that even tho what she did in the past wasnt right that she isn't really evil.

Is it on purpose that the author started drawing the male chars with bigger and broader shoulders to show side effects of the magic Asher and aria are using? Not a huge fan of the new way they are being drawn cause they look like giants. I don’t mind it but it just looks a bit odd...

finished the light novel
it sucks
clinging on to almost non existent hope that this manhwa will have different ending

Dex-chan lover
@rizal12345 any chance for some spoilers in private ?
So far this looks like she's never gonna get anything done with how little influence she tries to get.

@Doenyon what kind of spoiler? after chapter 50
basically aria just continue to play victim,
veri (berry in novel) actually was already caught by prince and hidden in small shack for aria's cause
aria convinced veri and promised her freedom to confess so she could frame emma
still killed her by abandoning her in forest full of beast
then emma got death sentence after a bit of kerfuffle between aria vs miele with isis as backing. isis just downright sacrificed emma
prince asher also more openly flaunt his love towards aria, which made isis no longer had a chance to be his fiancee
then isis turned to kingdom of croa, planning to marry the king, and betray the empire, with the backing of aristocratic party
meanwhile the school that prince wants to built is already at opening ceremony
aria revealed as investor A, then gained insurmountable power even the dukedom can't go against
aria became the most powerful woman overnight
miele being a dumb little girl pressed by isis to get rid of aria
miele push the count from the stairs and frame aria, but prince interfere with his dimensional move and bring aria out of country in a split second, leaving miele alone
in the trial all of miele evidence was rebuked by the fact that prince spent an entire week holiday with aria out of country
miele persisted that the prince is actually can use magic to jump through space made her be labeled as someone that's not right in the head
miele sentenced to home arrest, and the count left paralyzed, so cain became the count
miele begin to intimidate isis, she got all the evidence of isis actually the mastermind behind all of this
isis took miele to croa, to begin moving the croa soldier and hid them in the aristocratic party territories in a plan to surprise attack empire capital
too bad too bad king of croa is asher besties, and this is actually asher plan to weaken the aristocratic party by depleting their wealth using croa's soldier daily expense
empire round up all member of aristocratic party and kill them in charge of treason, only cain and miele survived because of the appeal from aria
it's going downhill from here on
miele being dumb, ended up killed her own brother, sentenced to face the guillotine
and aria is actually the daughter of high ranking noble (marquis iirc) of croa kingdom, and she could use hourglass because of the same magical source as the royals of the empire
but since she herself is not royal blood (her grandmother bath in magical pond so she could use magic iirc) her power only manifest when her life is in danger and require harsh drawback from using her power
aria's mother marry her biological father, and her real name is carin. the count roscente commit suicide, his offspring all dead so roscente family is no more.

aria was cruel to the end

Fed-Kun's army
This is so god tier lol.

@rizal12345 lol that sounds like a great plotline not sure what you're on about. Skimmed those spoilers. Better not looking, but so excited for all that stuff to happen.

@Tlux I'm disappointed because
1. Miele is just a dumb brat. no need to go full psycho to her. it's all her parents fault that the upbringing of the child became like that.
2. I genuinely hoped for a redemption. what I came across was one sided massacre. She pushed Miele to the brink of deprived of all sense, condemned her, cruelly trapped her into a wicked ploy. She's just a spoiled dumb kid, ffs. She couldn't even think for herself. I have no respect left for a 30ish yo woman who toyed with an underage kid like that. Even Miele in the end is aware of her fault, and felt indebted to Aria. Isis is the mastermind, and Miele is just her ignorant puppet. Aria's just so hung up over a grudge that never happened. Kill her puppeteer, then cast out the puppet socially. Won't raise a problem.
3. The Prince, despite being pictured as someone so wise and smart, is so blinded by pure lust, that he fully joined the bullying of ignorant underage girl. I really felt pity for Miele.

@rizal12345 Aria is a villainess for a reason. She herself admit that she's just a villainness that seek revenge even if she has to use the people around her.

@ErMs that's why I'm disappointed. She became an evil, wicked villainess. Totally can't respect a villain like that. She became blinded by revenge, not that much different from what she hated so much.

Users who are viewing this thread