The Villainess Turns the Hourglass

OMG SARAH :((( SHE'S SO PURE AND HER HUSBAND IS ALSO VERY NICE AAAA BEST COUPLE EVER

ALSO !!! WHAT WOULD ASHER THINK ABT THE POISON RUMOR 👀

also about miele
i don't feel sorry for her at all. if aria doesn't do what she gotta do, then she'd be dead the second she went back in time

Dex-chan lover
after finishing the novel, I will wait for this to be adapted till the end, it will feel so much better to read everything in one sweep, just like I did with the novel, which I recommed, I loved it,

Lol i just read some spoilers down here in the comments, well anyway. I don't hate aria for wanting to get revenge, she doesn't have mercy on the people that did her wrong before. And taken advantage on people like sarah is wrong, but she just wants to survive. A little hesitation could cause her her life, if getting revenge make her happy then why not right

Some of you really confuse me.

The fact that Mielle’s parents raised her into the person she is today is a fact. However she is still her own person who makes her own choices. Parents can’t always be faulted for a child’s mistakes and to do so is looking at it uncritically. Her posh haughty looking-down-on-the-poor attitude might come from her upbringing, but while this is a reason, it literally is not an excuse to manipulate some street urchin child who doesn’t know any better into misbehaving even more for your own benefit. Killing her mother and then beheading the poor girl herself because you simply feel repulsed to have her in your family. People acting like Aria is some deadass evil picking on a innocent flower here, as if she doesn’t have literally ptsd from getting used and decapitated by the person she’s fighting against.

To paint Mielle as some poor misguided minor is really strange. Especially considering we all know that teenagers very much can think critically and commit crimes out of their own accord. Killing 2 people with ease isn’t some quirky mistake that just happened because of your upbringing. It’s simply psychopathic. And Aria, is in no way obligated to try and turn her murderer into a “good person”, who already seemed to be intent on getting rid of her from the moment she arrived at the mansion.

I’d argue for people to stop reading if they can’t accept that the female lead isn’t a villian with a secretly heart of gold for those who took everything from her - including her life. I’m not expecting here for everyone reading this to like this story. But that doesn’t mean some comments never fail to baffle me.

The people in this comment section simping mielle are the kinds of people that get an adoptive sibling then torment them for being adopted.

I wasn't planning to read this since I already read the novel.. But I just love seeing our beautiful Aria. 😊

@Viviyan Your comment on the situation between Mielle and Aria depicts my frustrations perfectly. I think anyone who is torn in between their feelings about the "villainesses" should read what you wrote. I feel as if people want to sympathize with the other side which is why they throw comments around, on how Mielle is just a kid.
While Mielle is just a kid, she still chooses to try to fucking kill Aria. I see no one trying to defend Aria when she had villainous behavior as a child, she was brought from nothing and all of a sudden given a place in a aristocratic household. Yet, due to her lowly birth she received just as much attention as a houseplant, except for when she threw fits. Aria has to see the woman who caused her so much pain for years, every fucking day. She's flung back into the past and has to relive people insulting her, and instead of going mad and just straight up attacking Mielle, she chooses slow revenge. Not a lot of people could do that. So many people try to sympathize with Mielle and not the MC, and to those I ask, Why???

Tldr: @Viviyan had a really good comment, too many people sympathize with Mielle but I don't see anyone sympathizing with Aria before her second chance or when she was more "villainous."

I feel like this manhwa is probably the most deserving of the villainess tag. So many other series use it as more of a position or status rather than an actual character trait, and the female leads that occupy that role are really just normal heroines in a precarious situation.

Not Aria though, this queen can be straight evil and manipulative for selfish reasons. She's a true villainess and I am living for it 😆

though in recent chapters she's starting to make the shift to antihero instead, but that's wonderful too

I'm so excited to see the readers simping for Mielle finally see Mielle's true nature when she
cripples her dad and literally almost kills him in order to frame Aria.
Mielle deserves every bit of pain she's going through.

@czmariane

It’s strange because you wouldn’t actually expect to see these sort of comments often. But surprise, surprise, I see them more often than you’d think. Not common, but definitely still there.
You are very right as well, people don’t feel bad for Aria either in her previous life. It’s as if they completely ignore it happened. It’s not really aria’s responsibility here to be Mielle’s moral light as if she wasn’t gunning for her throat the moment she was adopted by the count. Would you want to try changing someone, who killed you and still clearly wants to kill you in your new life? It’s like there is a lack of acknowledge of that fact, and even more a lack of empathy for aria here simply because “mielle is a minor!!! She doesn’t know what she’s doing!! Poor girl”

I really don’t need to explain my thoughts on that statement because I already did. But i’m glad someone understands, at the very least.

I just realized the white haired dude in the cover. Anyone knows who he is? Cause I don't remember seeing them here or even in the novel.

I gave up reading on this long ago, shall i read it? please tell me if this manga/manhua is worthy to do so.

cnd

@Viviyan Wow, I was so surprised to see your comment because I didn't think it was possible for people to root for Noelle. It's not like she's Jenette from Who Made Me A Princess. She may be young but so was Aria. Being upset about a new child being brought into the family is normal. Trying to kill said child is not.

Users who are viewing this thread