The Villainous Daughter’s Butler - I Raised Her to Be Very Cute - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.2 - Entrance Exam

I don't really like the direction the manga is going building a harem without much backstory

Double-page supporter
.....I think she was intending for him to take 1st place with that very suspicious 1 mark missing.

Dex-chan lover
You mean they all play violin. Not even Music or Instruments. Its just violins all day everyday?
I like violin but that strikes me as a little funny somehow, no piano or cello for you!

Dex-chan lover
@Lunaion
Bit late but...
Not much of a spoiler but it's not really a harem, both cyril and sophia are idols to the opposite sex and rivals to the same gender
but are both completely devoted to each other, so there's no competition.

Now that I think about it, the manga doesn't show what Cyril was really worried about at all here like the WN did. Cyril wasn't worried about beating Sophia (though it wasn't a likely outcome, far more likely that they tie) but tying with her since in the event of a tie, Sophia's higher noble status would act as the tiebreaker and she'd be the freshmen student representative which could lead to the commoner students resenting her and feeling like she didn't earn it...even though they should really be blaming the system at the school.

Dex-chan lover
Just nitpicking, but wasn't his violin "the best so far"? He should have AT LEAST 100 too, and his name above Sofia's (or below, but shown by author).
Also, lost 49 points accross all subjects? Aren't we accepting he got 102 in dancing, and therefore lost 51 there?

@Tatsuya-Kai No no, that is very much a spoiler.
MC is getting girls left and right and you just outright said
he goes for the mono ending with Sophia as OTP. I mean, Cyril isn't even aiming for her yet, he's trying to get her to fall for the prince
. Which I assume you bring from the WN/LN, since the manga doesn't have that much information even in the RAWs, prolly.

Mind you, I'm not complaining about the spoiler or anything, you covered it properly. Just your use of "not much of a spoiler".

Dex-chan lover
@NomadKingR6 Yo! 😀
You happen to be on a Villainess binge too, or something? I was, so you may find me in a couple more. But dropped the tag kinda fast. Not my thing, in general.

I'm pretty sure she lost one point in math on purpose so he'd get the position.

@Tatherwood It's scored out of 100, so him getting the best performance won't really matter as long as both are considered enough to receive full marks.

Dex-chan lover
@TheFollower True, but with something subjective (for example, violin vs math), "the best" literally means that everything else is worse... Like, there should be one 100 and the rest be 99 or something.
Plus, there was the 51 thing suggesting he was gonna get 102 in dancing.

Point was, if both have 100, when ordered in the list his name is alphabetically first. And even if he was second, author should have shown it. The way it was done feels like she was the only one with a 100.

Idk, it's not an important point. Just bothered me a bit.

@NomadKingR6 I don't think that tag popped in my notifications. Thanks for the recommendation, added.
Curious one, at that. No romance (boooh 😂), and despite the summary, no drama either. Which I'm thankful for, in Korean comics Drama means business.
And a score of 9 too. Damn.

Users who are viewing this thread