The Viridescent Tiara - Ch. 44

Group Leader
Thanks for the chapter! 😊

I just don't understand why siblings always have to be lovers! They're not real siblings, I know, but they're raised that way the whole time. There are so many men present, and yet only the ML can be her partner? Unfortunately, this happens in several isekai. I just don't get it.

The crown princess and her family really treating her like she's a bitch without considering that she didnt want the attention

Yall saw the cover . Yus has openly been the ML.
I know its weird but like remember different lands have different thought processes.
Like in a large part of Asia, the only family is biological. Just because you call someone family doesnt make them your family.

Its also very, very rare to have "found" or honorary or even half blooded family members. The blood familial ties are too strong and vast to ever call or feel the need to say someone else is your family

Even legally someone you "call" family even if adopted or the unrelated child of a spouse does not recieve your family name or a right to inheritance.

Dex-chan lover
@beazacha but the story has made a point to note she wears her mom's old clothes that aren't even necessarily in the style of the modern social circles. You'd think they'd notice that :O just kinda makes those people look dumb to me.

at this point i just want yus and ran to just f**k bc some of y’all are annoying af

anyway thank you for the chapter. 💞

Yes don't be jealous of her. She doesn't need more problems in the form of YOU, thank you very much

@Hayako22 Except they weren't raised together at all. The probably only lived together for two years or less before Ran's mother shunted Yus off to a boarding school (which he stayed at until the series started and it's implied that neither of them communicated with the other in that time period!) and he only came back early because the parents died.

Also despite legally being siblings, they have both asserted multiple times (some of which were in the last few chapters including this one) that they don't see each other as siblings nor do they treat one another as siblings. The series started with them being virtual strangers with each other whose only commonality was that their parents happened to get married and they had shared a half-brother as a consequence.

Them both having the same half-brother is a little weird, but in this manhwa it's pretty much on the same level as two people dating and suddenly having their parents get married that they end up legally becoming siblings with their girlfriend/boyfriend.

@lovecraftianwitch Honestly it's not even really a cultural thing. Blended families usually don't treat each as other as family straight away, it takes time and effort to foster that sort of connection with people outside of someone's family unit. And sometimes that connection never happens between the associated parties for a variety of reasons.

Thank you for the chapter! I appreciate the quality and speed~
I also hope the people who repost will have common sense and take everything down.

I feel like I cannot love Yus just yet, too many unanswered questions and mystery, which: Okay, I get it!
The Lachia Duchy is the most important, and they were virtual strangers before. I just don't feel like he's genuine enough?
To be fair, Ran isn't neither, at this point
She really wants to survive, which I fully respect and she does believe that Yus will keep his word (up to a certain point, because not making back up plans is just stupid)
Still, I am more invested in Ran making plans, avoiding those annoying prince+princess, and most importantly: Saving Lumiere and his sister.

I cannot fully support our main couple yet, but I believe the author will know how to make it work!

Group Leader
@ScarlettGrimm: Like @RedKed, I don't feel too strong that they're only lived together for two years or that they 're virtual strangers before that. That's true, but they're siblings in people's eyes, they're known as siblings, so if they get in close contact, I don't know how that's going to get people's opinions. I haven't read the novel, so I'm going to wonder how the author's going to solve this.

P.S: Why are there so few emojis? 😅

The way the princess addresses her husband lmao
"Moron"
"Idiot"
"Doesn't have the brains"
I totally agree

He's still her brother. I really doesn't understand the love ambiance. Not the same blood, but the same family, it's really creepy and disturbing.
And, I really don't get the scene with slippers and the washing time. She's an adult. No need to infantilize her.

@YuukaG It's a fictional story so I don't really care about the incest thing. I've accepted long ago that incest-like romance stories exist and I'll just see how much I can stomach it depending on the story.

What really annoys me is the shoes thing. Why is it romantic to have a guy put on your shoes for you? Is it a foot fetish? Is it infantilisation? Is it some weird perceived intimacy I just honestly don't get because I live in the west? I really don't think people in the west look at feet this way. It seems like in Japanese and Korean mangas and manhwas they do.

@RubyG8396 I think it's a chivalry type thing, to do everything no matter how simple for a person you like/love, you don't have to but it shows you want to care for them in every way

Users who are viewing this thread