The Voice of a Mermaid - Oneshot

why not just steal some tongues now? murdering people for their vocal chords wasn't a big deal apparently

The most enjoyable thing about this was the presence of a Steyr AUG A1. That's pretty sad.
The MC was a jerk devoid of any morals or good qualities as is almost every other character (except the mermaid, who seems to be to birdbrained(fishbrained?) to have such qualities) to the point that I decided to just ignore all the dialogue until the end, which showed no signs of progression of anything.
This short feels like it was originally intended to be something else, and not a funny yuri/murder read like Mucierlago (a much better read, by the way.) and the whole yuri bit is forced among the other themes of mindless violence, idiocy, corner-cuttung, and general lack of morals of any kind.
I'm honestly surprised this thing got a single honorable mention anywhere.

Dex-chan lover
couldnt the mermaid just eat a bit of herself?

I thought it'd make more sense if that mermaid ate bits of another mermaid, otherwise they would've had that mermaid eat bits of herself to begin with, but then again, she could've...

all in all, as @Aulgh said summarized, this is a poorly planned out story

@Aulgh
and the whole yuri bit is forced among
"muh lesbians are acting reprehensible and am won't stand for this"

the other themes of mindless violence, idiocy, corner-cuttung, and general lack of morals of any kind.
Only last one is true. First three are opinions at best ("mindless" violence? lol), and third is a straight up lie. There's no cutting corners in the narrative, this story knows what it is, where it's going and how it does want to get there. Consequently this:
"This short feels like it was originally intended to be something else"
can only be summarized as delusional, maybe wishful thinking on your part. Main character shows you what she's on about on page three - out of the available twenty five - and first graphic murder occurs on page six. Stop making shit up in order to rationalize your baseless criticisms. Don't like it? Fair enough, speak up. Just don't lie.

...and that in the next sentence you're bringing up Murcielago, which can be said is 'guilty' of the exact same 'sins' this oneshot is being accused of is just laughable. Not to mention lazy.

overall:
>I don't like it
I'm honestly surprised this thing got a single honorable mention anywhere.
>It's manure

Highly insecure solipsism. Just avoid "seinen" works in the future cupcake, or at the very least put some thought into how you're criticizing things you don't like. This isn't dynasty scans with its collective rarara onethink hive mind, someone might actually point out that you're making very little sense.

@Driplord
Lazy people with very literal imaginations.

"MY FIRST WISH IS AM WANNA HAVE MILLION WISHES!!!1"

Dex-chan lover
Should have had her getting arrested moments after becoming imortal, and given a "lifetime" sentence.

Double-page supporter
Somebody poured "by mistake" blue and orange dyes onto the moral compass in this story

Fed-Kun's army
@nonameanonymous82435

I'm the complete opposite of a yf, you're the one bitching someone didn't find a yuri that great lol

This story's about as deep and interesting as the fish bowl the mermaid was in.

@akole
of course you didn't understand the point what did I expect from goldfish attention span yf lol
keep reacting to your own hallucinations its entertaining

WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS POST? DOES MODERATION EVEN KNOW THE RULES ON THIS SITE? BECAUSE THEY SURE AS FUCK HAVE TROUBLE FOLLOWING THEM.

Dex-chan lover
"It disgusts me the most when a murderer says that sort of thing"
Says the murderer.

Dex-chan lover
The amount of people weeping over this not being fluffy and having "forced yuri" is mind-boggling. A story should be it's own and not what the reader wants it to be, even if what they make of it is completely free and personal.

Makes me wonder if anyone here has seen movies like "Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma" or "Irréversible". The world is not a pretty place and art should not always be pure fluff and cute about cute girls being in love with each other.

Rant aside, thanks for translating this, it was a really nice read.

I’m... not really okay about the whole « eat mermaids » things. They’re fish, yes, but they’re humanoids... is everyone okay about eating sentient humanoids? And I really don’t see why they give immortality... plus they’re so easy to come by. Is immortality such an easy thing to get? I dunno every one seems to be deranged in this. I’m not liking this...

Fed-Kun's army
This was a very strange one.

For those who liked this, I would suggest trying the light novel Last and First Idol.

Users who are viewing this thread