The Voice of a Mermaid - Oneshot

@nonameanonymous82435. Dear person,
It seems my comment made you very heated and angry. Sorry. But there are some things is like to clarify so that we (hopefully, not really me though) intelligent humans don't start a cliche otaku fight over literature.
Let's start with your first criticism about my saying that the guru in this story is forced. Well, there is no development between the two to suggest that a relationship between them is brewing save for the mermaid, who is infatuated with the MC for her own reasons, but those feelings aren't returned in any capacity by the MC except for the fact that the MC thinks of the mermaid as something to fix and keep alive, much like a farmer cares for their livestock so they are in prime slaughter conditions. So yeah, it does feel forced when it comes outta nowhere. If there has been a bit of buildup on the MC's side, then it would be made more sense. I'm also not a fabric writer, so mocking me with " lesbians are acting reprehensible and am won't stand for this" doesn't make much sense to me, as they aren't mine and I don't really care unless it injures what could be been a good read.
Secondly, I'm accused of being delusional because I say the story cuts corners, is violent (mindlessly so), and is relatively stupid. The story does cut corners. Sure, it knows what it is. If so, than what the hell is it?. We are given no details on what sort of world this is, why it is, and why serial murder is something people can get away with. If the story didn't cut corners, there would at least be an explanation for that. Next off, the story is mindlessly violent in the sense that the violence is unnecessary and drastically out of proportion for the situation at hand: treating an animal for selfish purposes, which in reality, would either warrant no treatment at all, wouldn't fucking happen, or wouldn't require the murder of several innocent people. Also, more on my delusions when I say that this story felt like is was supposed to be something else. Did it feel like a yuri manga? No. Was murder the main point? No. Did I say either of those things in my first comment? No. It feels like too many things mushed together and it creates a broken story. That's all.
when I compared this to Mucierlago, I never said that Mucierlago did the same thing, quite the opposite. Mucierlago understands what it is and isn't a mess because of it. It's a crime drama, with minor yuri elements and comedy in the side to keep it spicy. It's not all three at the same time. I can't blame you for that part, since it's unclear in that comment.
Lastly, you call me a cupcake. Dude, I'm just chunky, not obese. Hahaha, I'm joking, but you know what I'm talking about. I like seinen, it's a'ight. I don't like yaoi, so I don't read it, but I do like seinen, so I do read it. This is a bad story, but I read it expecting it to be good. I'm not complaining because the genre isn't to my liking, cuz I'm not that shallow and mentally challenged. I'm complaining because I didn't enjoy this as a story and I placed the comment to vocalize my complaints and get response from both people who are likeminded, like you, or just people who have other ideas. If you want to trash other people's stuff, at least don't do it in a way that makes you look both bitchy, snarky, and, to be honest, sort of stupid
Hopefully this rebuttal wasn't too hard for you to read and that you won't bitch about this too. Thanks.

@Aulgh
Wow. To write a sentence, contradict it later, repeat the whole process about ten times while only pretending you'd addressed points raised? And selling it as a pack of cognitively dissonant opinions neatly sewn together with abundance of words?

I'm trully sorry, I had no idea I was dealing with master baiter. Got me good. Proceed sir, without me though .

@nonameanonymous82435
Dear person,
I'm truly sorry that I was not clear in my response. I have a clearer one now which I hope you take the time to read. Unfortunately, it is phrased in the form of two questions: 1) where is your own rebuttal, or is it okay to cause one of something without using information? To be honest, you sound like you're just selling your agenda "[...]as a pack of cognitively dissonant opinion[...]" Without providing any actual evidence to support your " autistic rage" (please don't make fun of those who actually have a serious condition such as autism, unless of course you have a pass since it seems you are part of that (usually) wonderful community).
2) do you get off from these pointless arguements? It's a fucking manga. I said stuff, you don't like it? don't just talk the talk then, actually ignore it like you've tried to get people to do in response to my first post.
Anyways, I'm not a great arguer, especially in the internet, and an even worse writer. I'm sorry I don't have the full day to give you my attention since I have better things to do than waste my time arguing with a man who has a witty (that was sarcasm, by the way) Putin joke as their profile pic.
Sincerly,
Master baiter.
PS: seriously have to applaud you on that pun. That's honestly pretty good. Kudos to you.

@Driplord glad you are (seemingly, I don't know you.) More reasonable than Mr./Mrs./Ms./Other nonameanonymous82435. Also, what do you mean about the vibration? I'm rather intrigued.

Dex-chan lover
This reminds me of that short story, where a wife has long beautiful hair and the husband has an expensive pocket watch. The wife sells her hair to buy him a chain, and the husband sells his watch to buy her a (likely) expensive comb. Ironic, but from a place of love.
Mc risked her life to give the mermaid the right voice, and the mermaid gave up her voice to save her life. I quite liked this.
Mc does commit murder several times but it doesn't seem to be set in a world where it really matters. It feels very much "survival of the fittest", take what you want by force and all. Reminds me of Dorohedoro, a place that's slightly in ruins, enough that law and order aren't upheld and prioritised

Double-page supporter
Bizzare story, but I don't dislike it. This is unique and I appreciate this.

Dex-chan lover
Never dig straight up or down in minecraft. Get it? It's because she went head for the pop star scene? Geez I am a modern day philosopher.

Supporter
It was a oneshot of all time, not that I disliked it but mama the comment section lol.

thanks for the laughs

Users who are viewing this thread