The Weakest Occupation "Blacksmith," but It's Actually the Strongest - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Level Up

If blacksmith in this world only making weapons, then where are metal tools, nails that craftmen got from? Even wood cutter need metal axes to cut down the trees and carpenter need metal tools like saw, plane etc. to cutting the tree into planks. Not mention farming tools, mining tools, metalwares and a lot of metalwork need blacksmith.

Bruh I could get into all the reasons why none of this makes sense but whatevs, I'll enjoy the power fantasy

Fed-Kun's army
Waaaaaaah

BlackSmithing (Carpentry) is actually very useful to the infrastructure of society where demands and services are necessary. Golly, who could've seen that coming.

Also, enough with these Meta Gamer Protags. They're bad in Table Top, and they're bad in Manga. Why can't we have a person who just explores the potential of their powers, maybe even become harressed by the limitation of their imagination.

Fed-Kun's army
@Panzercracker
well obviously because woodsman get divine axes and the lumberjack proffesion from their ceremony
same with cooks getting a cooking knife/pan, or all farmers get a divine hoe.

but in all seriousness, yeah i dont know why "blacksmith" would be labeled as the weakest job. There is no divine armor, so where do the soldiers get their armor from?

Dex-chan lover
@Solaz : it is not, the discrepancy between "common knowledge" and his abilities means there is or was almost certainly a misinformation campaign to smear and discredit the job.

Though in any TRPG, how often do the PC's only have 1 weapon? Melee and ranged combat are both necessary. Plus backups in case you are disarmed.

Should have been titled "Craftsman" and have it that it's the jack of all trades of creative types which is why it's the weakest. Maybe even have it so that there's a Crafting Guild that trains specialized Craft Classes but Craftsmen are slower to learn and harder to master even those.

This plot seems more like a half thought out route to have a character who will eventually go full on RPG kitted. Which is dumb cause 'Blacksmith' will probably stop making sense when he's hammering out potions and wands.

Dex-chan lover
Dad: "I'm getting complaints about how hard the bed is."
Son: "Don't Worry! Give me 1 minute." *Smashes bed, and creates an S-ranked bed. "Job done!"
Dad: ToT "We're saved!"

Somewhere in the distant land: "I need a good bed."

Oh what a coincidence, dude's right around the corner.

@Coldbloodedtwilight

Apparently you don't know God Grid.

@sjmcc13

Lack of information is the downfall of most parties. If you don't have a good source of knowledge, then your going to die after year 1.

Dex-chan lover
@Coldbloodedtwilight I think him being a blacksmith is the whole point. While other crafting jobs would be useful for just normal living, blacksmiths aren't because everyone gets a divine weapon or whatever, and nothing crafted can be on par with them.

But the MC being a blacksmith, can make literally anything. Which probably isn't supposed to happen, as blacksmiths specialize in weapons and tools. MC obviously special cause of plot. But I dont think anyone else would get a system voice that explains things, item box, or appraisal. Hes probably like, a divine blacksmith or some shit, lmao.

Fed-Kun's army
Of course, making an S rank bed would lead to the story of the princess and the pea scenario. 😆

Dex-chan lover
Random and don't rmb much but I read the novel that blacksmith class was say to be hated/look down due to something happened in the past? Any spoiler?

If blacksmiths are looked down on it stands to reason that their society lacks any and all blacksmiths.

How are they moving forward technologically?

If I see people with metal armor in the future I'm gonna be hard asking where they got that armor.
Same with any metal cutlery, crowns, any sort of embedded jewelry, etc.

This is so dumb but I'm gonna bookmark it because it's so dumb.

Its so shit..... Its one of those weakest to strongest wannabe stories... Basically tries to make their mc start from the lowest but gives them unexplainable buff or special item. Instead on having the mc go with the set rules of the world and struggle to be stronger, the author just gives everything to the mc im guessing harem is next. Its disgusting reading someone's self fantasy.

I WOULD LIKE AN S RANK PLATES BECAUSE I COULD USE THEM AS THROWING WEAPON OR UNBREAKEABLE WHEN IT HIT THE FLOOR

Dex-chan lover
@Kaikalaila oh boy i have read to the latest translate one and i can make some guest on why
1 probably because the previous blacksmith destroy divine item to make them as in the latest chapter our boy can finally make a divine item,
2 he/she abuse the system which he can make a cursed item without anyone knowing it's effect
3 the previous one is on the hitler mode as the blacksmith can create an ancient living being and weapon like dragon (if they have the blueprint)
i can still think more of it but well if you think the full potential of the blacksmith with their hammer it will be dangerous

A princess who needs the S rank bed he can make now? You gotta be shitting me lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread