The Weakest Occupation "Blacksmith," but It's Actually the Strongest - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Lodging

Dex-chan lover
@inKraken
Except it's not, the "evil noble" trope does have some truth to it, but it's highly overblown for something that lasted for upwards of 5000 years, just like so many other prejudices against our past (such as our ancestor's intelligence likely being higher than the average person today, just without the technology), the disdain for nobility is more a problem of previous wars and simply put, rose colored glasses, we are brought up and taught that democracy is the be all, end all best form of government, but in the long run it's not really entirely too different from a monarchy except that monarchy's tended to be a bit more efficient than democracy (this is by design btw, one of the benefits touted by pro-democracy groups is it's inefficiency on dealing with certain arguments, thus allowing secondary opinions to come in), then there is the parallels of today compared to the past, such as slavery, serfdom and the church, the church could easily sanction a corrupt noble for example, slavery varied wildly depending on the nations during the times of nobility and actually is still practiced today in some so called democracies sadly, as for serfdom this varied wildly from place to place, in some places the serfs arguably had better protections than many modern nations have today(though we do have many luxuries even nobles couldn't dream of at the time which makes our lives still somewhat easier than even a nobles), while in others they might be treated worse (this however was a balancing act, a class revolt was a constant threat if a noble was truly corrupt).
The biggest issue with your argument however, is exactly what i said, historical revisionism of modern democracies have made the old ways look far worse than they actually were, this is partially by design and partly by time marching on, many people can't even remember much of the old ways of life much less the good and bad of the past.
Now i won't tell you to like nobility or what not, but i felt it was nessisary to explain this as it's a very biased statement you made.

@Denker-Bosu
There wasn't as far as i know, there was a bloodless war fought over a pig if i remember right in the past by the us and england though.

Love how often episodes are posted, but the cliff hangers are annoying

Dex-chan lover
@Zap-
well the novel is translated up to chapter 99... and this chapter corresponds to chapter 8 in the novel which is nearly exactly the same content.

Aggregator gang
AS I SAID, "THE TALE OF LEGENDARY HERO IS STARTED FROM THE LEGENDARY BED"... wtf is that family, starting a war because just a bed...

Oh my god a noble who killed a worker for having a bad bed? jeez the plot convenience lol

Double-page supporter
Why do I keep reading fantasy/isekai manga with less than 10 chapters? I want moooore lol

Fed-Kun's army
In with @cardboarpig this nonsense has me wanting to read about a new Hahah. Oh Lord I'm infected plz send help

Users who are viewing this thread