The Weakest Occupation "Blacksmith," but It's Actually the Strongest

I really dont see why people are calling this trash. Its not some op af MC just monstertrucking over everything with no effort. Its just a guy making stuff... Gotta say its fun to read

@LordoftheKeep because everyone is given a weapon by the church that is naturally indestructible, so any weapon built wouldn't be as useful and there are no combat traits associated with it.

stop making ... is the weakest shit pls it could be so much better without the "haha u are so weak iam gonna Exile u cause of that or sometimes just some rdm character says that" in the first few chapters

onther thing who the fuck said blacksmiths can only make weapons yeah in a time of war u make a shit ton but in times of peace u dont

can the author pls forget about the girl in chapter 1 cause who needs the 0815 hero the 3001 time i dont just die to the demon lord or shit

ots pretty bad but the faster u read it the better it gets (i read 1 chapter in 10 seconds)

@xeno77 yeah a blacksmiths main usefulness isnt in making weapons but they are especially needed in a world without modern technology pretty much anything with metal would have to be made by them.

The protagonist’s eyes in the cover makes me want to be an artist to do a better job

@xeno77 Yeah honestly I don't see how a blacksmith could be the "weakness class" in a fantasy world. In a world with magic, how hard is it for a magic blacksmith to think "Hey, how about using imaging in my smithing?" because from that point, it's on. The blacksmith becomes unstoppable.

A blacksmith's job is to repair, reshape and create. A normal blacksmith can only use normal material to do this. But a magic blacksmith can use the whole world.

(Yes I have a little obsession with blacksmiths but you know I'm right)

@thesoulsmith the reason y that class is called trash is cause normal blacksmiths cant do that they can create normal stuff like swords etc and thats it
so how are farmers better tgen blacksmiths makes sense

@xeno77 Normal blacksmiths can't make objects instantaneously and with little to no material, but they 100% can create them with materials and time. Just like farmers don't grow plantations with just thin air. A blacksmith can create any kind of object, as long as they got the time, the materials, and the skills.
The fact that [Blacksmith] can be a class with its own magic tool implies that it has some advantages over a normal blacksmith. Because of that, and of the previous statement, any advantage would make the [Blacksmith] at least a mid-tier class. The advantage could make it better or worst but never to the fact that it's considered the worst class possible.

Example in spoiler cause I already talked too much:
The most simple advantage possible would be to gain blacksmith skills faster. It would still be a good one because it means that things that would take years to learn would be learned in a few months.

[Blacksmith] is a crafting class and those types of classes have rarely disadvantage cause they require skills and material to be useful. Now, of course, if you're telling me that [Blacksmith] does have some disadvantages, then yeah I can see how people saw it as worthless but otherwise.

@TheSoulSmith
i was talking about that its called weakest so everything else is better but i dont see a farmer being better then a blacksmith
the stuff with ur creation stuff is yeah with ur knowledge u can create new stuff for that world but if u dont have that knowledge or u are not that creative u cant do that
for example try to think of something new to create u dont already know and it doesn't exist but is better then what already exists for its purpose
and if u take the 0815 rpg u dont get stronger just by crafting stuff yeah u can craft better stuff but in the end u need to kill stuff to get stronger (most of the time its like that in isekais)(iam aware that better equip means better stats but try to hold a waraxe without enough muscles for it)

@xeno77
First of all, you don't need to have big imagination to be a competent blacksmith, you just need the knowledge. However, if you never make the effort to get this knowledge, then that's on you buddy. Having a good imagination will help you to be more famous, but it's not necessary at all.

Second of all, I'm not here to say that [Blacksmith] is the best class (although I can think of some ways to make it so). I'm saying that it's at least a mid-tier one. Plus, in a medieval-fantasy world, blacksmiths are literally the backbone of society.
They're the ones creating tools for farmers, miners, and such, but are also the ones making weapons and armor for guards and adventurers. Because of that, even if the class is not very strong, it should get a good amount of consideration and respect. I know the mc is not seen as some kind of worthless scum with no potential but classifying [Blacksmith] as the weakest class (in the manga) still seems harsher than it should have been (at least in my opinion).

@TheSoulSmith mid tier of what this system that doesn't even feed its people how are they surviving (the author didnt bother to do world building, pretty shitty world building acutely)
so u want to create stuff that already exists ok cause creating something new isnt as easy as it sounds
and honestly what did u expect from a ... is the weakest story we have a shitty start and normal story or worse (this one is something in between)
and yeah i hate stuff that doesn't get explained properly/ doesn't make sense

@xeno77

pretty shitty world building acutely
Yeah on that we're on the same page.
The world-building is pretty poorly made, we barely know what people usually do with their powers or do with their lives in general. Because of that, we can't even actually say what this world based itself on to say that [Blacksmith] is the weakest profession.

I'm still gonna watch it because I get easily hooked on but I understand everyone who decides to stop reading it.

BTW xeno, I felt like I needed to say that: I have no animosity against you. I just started this debate because I'm a blacksmith lover and I rarely get the chance to have debates over this kind of stuff. I saw the occasion and I just decided to take it. You've been a good sport and I thank you for that.

Users who are viewing this thread