The Witch's Hammer - Malleus Maleficarum - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
Not really a fan of the happy ending. It doesn't feel like that type of series.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
12c.jpg

This really feels like my go to picture for any manga getting axed... they always get axed anyway.

Fed-Kun's army
I think the story is nice but a little bit too fast. Moreover, it’s a happy ending so it’s a good manga.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think you can call it "axed" in this case. It was only ever limping along, based on the announcements of "further serialization confirmed". "Axed" carries the implication of being cut short, while in this case it's more like the manga was just taking what length it could get.

Dex-chan lover
Man this author is just.. I don't bloody know. Chloe was the nice and reasonable one, went batshit crazy in less then 10 pages and it's honestly baffling. Why? What was the point except for shitty plot? I liked the time travelling bit, but the 180 in Chloe's character was just too much.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm it's a simple ending but it's alright. Compared to some disasters out there I take this any day.

Supporter
Not a terrible ending, but what the ACTUAL FUCK happened in the last couple chapters

Dex-chan lover
Good story, good art, but could have used say one more volume to bit fill in the plot, the characters, the relationship between the two MCs and so on. One of the many cases where you are left to ponder, was it the author rushing to end it in a contracted amount of volumes, or did the publisher say "wrap it up in X/this volume"?
Nonetheless, looking forward to the author's next work.

Dex-chan lover
@alanala Probably just some really twisted and lonely witch who wanted a daughter. Her mother probably saw Sherryl wandering in the city, suspected she was homeless and decided to abduct her to make Mayuru happy. Everyone doesn't have to be connected to the space-time distortion. The author probably wanted us to fear Chloe was going to become Mayuru somehow, but that's about it.

I'm happy we got such a great happy ending. But I'm sad the ending came so soon 😭 I'm going to miss this manga and these characters so much.
This is one of the best manga I ever read (chapter 11 doesn't exist), probably my favorite manga, and I hope we get to see lots more from Miyamarun.

Dex-chan lover
@alanala The witch who were killed by Meifa in Chapter 9. She is just a witch who take Meifa/Sheryl with her.

@alanala I assume we didn't get the complete story as the series seemedly got axed. I think Mayuru was Chloe. She might get witch powers in the future and time travel. Or she might be her real mother who went mad and traveled through time. There were also other unanswered questions like who was the person guarding Meifa?

Users who are viewing this thread