The Wolf Lord's Lady - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
So the Wolf guy's faction not only slaughtered MC's family, but also everyone associated with them.
That's... Not entirely reasonable.

I gotta say I like this story but I also don't.
She's reminded and suffers constantly because of sins she didn't commit. She got betrayed by her loved one that knew perfectly well she was not the one who committed the sins from the family. But they still executed her and keep inventing stories about a evil "princess" who's biggest sin apparently was getting born into that family. She needs to interact and accept the kindness of these people that so easily beheaded her without even a hint of regret.

I really get uncomfortable every time the male lead is nice to her because I can't forget how he used her in her previous life.

@uMoonlight same, I have read the novel, and somehow forgive him a little, like, I understand his reasons but at the same time I am still mad about this. I really don't know how to feel :'v

Dex-chan lover
Lol he covered her ears XD how cute Instead of saving himself, he was like 'Need to save her eardrums!'
Many thanks

My heart breaks for her every time she suffers for sins that her family committed. I would have left that fief as soon as I could if I were her. It's so brutal that she has to bear that pain every single day, surrounded by those that rejoice in her first death.

Dex-chan lover
Damn another 1 month...(or 2?) my heart keep up and down while reading this manga...... I need more more and more chapter T.T

Thx for the update~

Contributor
That flashback of Shirley staying in her room doing nothing day after day was really depressing.
She didn't even had any will to live, and keep remembering her execution/family sins/betrayal.

Feel a little bad for her ex-fiance too, killed/betrayed only because he was working with this family.

Yeah, i really don't want to see her and male lead together, even if it will happen .

Contributor
Such good angst.

It's not overdone and pretty tasteful so far. And it's balanced pretty well with levity though the shift might be a bit sharp with some whiplash.

Aggregator gang
I can’t wait for something to slip forcing Shirley to give away her identity... aah, I hope it happens soon!

Dex-chan lover
@uMoonlight The thing is he tried to convince her to not go along with the execution but feeling betrayed by him and with all her family dead, she basically demanded being executed. She even went to the execution in full noble jerkass mode (something that she was never before) to ensure that all the evils of her family died with her. It's not like he chose to kill her out of revenge, malice or whatnot, she chose to die and the people demanded her death by association. So she was executed.

And regarding her... I think that what she has is a depressing mix of both Bystander syndrome and Bloodline crimes. She feels that just because her family was doing such evil behind her back, she had the duty of both investigate what was going on and to stop them. Thing is, she never questioned where all the luxury she lived came from and her family never allowed her to mingle with the populace. She only discovered it when everything blew up and was imprisoned, well after she could do anything about it. This perceived failure in stopping the evils of her family and feeling a culprit herself just because being a part of that family is what drives her depression.

All of this is in the first chapter. It's... depressing to say the least.

Aggregator gang
@Xeans i'm curious too, there isn't really much room for development now besides "oh we fell in love again" "oh i'll try to change you out of your cold attitude" and to be completely honest, she's kinda hypocritical when she says "i don't need no savior" and all since if she really wanted to get divine punishment a second time she would just idk, ask for it ? reveal herself to people who hate her ? it's kinda easy to achieve what she says she want

This whole manga just makes me feel uncomfortable when these jerks that wrongfully judged and executed her are all lovey dovey/nice to her. I dont know if ill have it in me to even continue this read, just frustrates me. I hope that it doesnt turn into some forgiveness train, I have a hunch it will due to the mentality of some of these authors, that would be very unrealistic to the situation

Dex-chan lover
@Xeans @FireCamp She will.

After the festival. Well to be fair, Kaid already had a hunch already when she reveal it.

But as I said before, more suffering coming on the her way that will break our hearts further but it'll be a happy ending after those.

Oh and there's another person who got reincarnated like Shirley and pretty much the reason of her further suffering

Users who are viewing this thread