The Wolf That Picked Something Up

waiiitttt.....soo his mom and sibling died because of a landslide and his mom was able to save him only? is ithis it? omgoshhhh

Oh lordy, I hope people don't sexualize or romanticize this father-son relationship. It's too pure and shipping them is wrong. This Manhua it just too cute, Wolf or Human, it's just so adorable.

this is cute but i have a horrible feeling its going to become a romance between them 🤢

Contributor
@RosieBobaTea:

...I'm fairly certain the author's intentionally (or reflexively?) spewing homoerotic fan-service left and right? It's actually been keeping me from venturing much into the human half of this, makes me too nervous about where things are heading (though I do expect it to stay platonic, as such, just not with great certainty).

I certainly would consider the possibility that the author just absorbed all the terribly-familiar homoerotic tropes they're invoking—either sideways through other homoerotic but non-BL stuff, or else that they just like BL and happen to be taking inspiration from things that they like when writing about matters of affection in general, and that their intentions are 100% pure.

But I completely get where people are getting BL signals from here. Bunch of guy wolfs with a certain lack of girls in sight, with some prominent jealousy issues around affection, oodles of intimate physical affection (which is totally fine within families, to be clear, but), things like that tea-licking scene in ch. 19.5 right as we're being introduced to them as humans, the tropes that their visual designs and personalities seem to come from and where those usually show up... No one thing that is by itself damning, but the sum of the parts is too deeply familiar-looking, it's hard to believe it's a coincidence. Which, again, despite that, doesn't necessarily mean anything untowards.

But, yeah, nonetheless, I'm not worried that the fans are shipping them—fans will do that, for good or ill—I'm too busy worrying whether the author is XD

i really want them to stay platonic, they are father and son bruh :( i also want the doggos back....

Dex-chan lover
It started out okay-ish with the dogs.

Then it went to hell when it decided to go full-on hado-gay.

Thirsty fujoshi are terrifying.

@pokari I don't think there's such a thing. It's just father and son relationship and the yellow underling just admired his boss so much. Nothing gay here just bromance. Maybe a little fan service but that depends on your perspective. If you think it's gay then it's gay, if you think it isn't then it isn't

Contributor
@HappyBanana:

Like I said, I'm really mostly only concerned with what the author thinks (and will do).

And I think I've sufficiently articulated where mine raiséd eyebrows cometh from; if you see the subjective evidence differently, then as you say, that's also reasonable.

This is wholesome, from what ive read at least!! Just a cute story about a wolf and a smol puppy!!!!

Dex-chan lover
Why'd they have to ruin it by turning them into humans? bring back the dogs dammit.

Super cute and I think it will firmly stay in the impromptu single-dad adoptive-son lane in both human and doggo version... as well as round fluffy potato version

Users who are viewing this thread