The Woman Who Messes With My Emotions (2022) - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
The title is kind of irrelevant in this new remake of this series.

She has not done anything that would warrant being described as "messing with my emotions" as he implies.

More like "I'm an insecure bitch and can't handle a woman flirting normally"

And I know all about insecure manbabies.

From personal experience :shamihuh:

Supporter

She has not done anything that would warrant being described as "messing with my emotions" as he implies.

"How I Messed With My Own Emotions"

Dex-chan lover
I really wish we saw more of their interactions besides the times he's a wreck. They're havin' a good time on page 18! What are they talking about? They clearly click, those panels have happened in every chapter where they meet. But we never hear what they say. They're online buddies, too! They had a fun conversation about books!
All we see are the times when the poor dude loses his shit because his self esteem isn't just low, it's negative.

Dex-chan lover
Remember kids, if two characters have the same non-black hair color in an anime/manga/video game, they are ALWAYS related.

Dex-chan lover
I know it's probably just her character design as a potentially predatory FL, but she's so beautiful and has noticeable fangs that I wouldn't be surprised if an alternate version of this manga has her as a vampire.

Dex-chan lover
no fucking way this guy just started crying... jesus christ we've hit a new low in romance mcs
To be fair, he just teared up, not like he just started bawling. So far he's an insecure introvert who talks himself down and had been rejected in the past, but it's all toned down a bit from the web comic, she's just adopting him as her fragile little dress-up doll without toying all too much with him so far.

Dex-chan lover
Why is the mc so goddamn cringe? His personality is also kind of inconsistent. A guy who second-guesses himself as much as this guy would never confront her about seeing her with that other guy.

You're right, but I think that is what makes the writing good. Even though she hasn't done anything like that, it still sort of feels like she has because we're seeing things through the mc's frame of reference. When I was in my early 20s, I was a lot like him, and a few relationships felt like this even though I'm pretty sure it was all in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread