The World is Full of Monsters, So I Want to Live as I Wish - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Trends

Lemme guess, the Student President is either a negotiator or a seductress with the skill allure at a decent level.

Aggregator gang
I mean I get brainwashing is bad or w.e but did she do anything that bad?

Organizing a organization of over 100 in post-apocalypse is next to impossible without heavy persuasion.

Dex-chan lover
@dudewithmagic no matter the reason, depriving others from their "freedom" is bad, if her skills fails for any reason, that "organization" would fall in less than a moment.

Aggregator gang
@kaminomikan

I would be honored to hear you talk that altruistic bullshit in an apocalypse. Murder of human/humoniods is also bad yet sometimes necessary for survival. Do you think even half or a quarter of those students would of been able to live if not for her influence (judging by how other large groups functioned so far). I'm not saying she is a saint but she certainly isn't bad or even immoral due to her actions. If the intent is for the survival of the masses she could even a good person.

The MC is allowed to be "modern society" moral since he is relatively strong, but there is no way his skills could be used to help large amounts of people like the school president. Many of those children would give up their freedom willingly in exchange for their lives. Narrow thinking is very fragile and unlikely to survive in times of great stress.

Dex-chan lover
@dudewithmagic you can call it bs, but what do you think the ones charmed will do when they get set free from that effect? is different when ppl are forced by other means, physical, negotiation, etc, because the "order" will have the means to be maintained. But that "order" she has set, just need 1 person to destroy it, and it can be anyone not just the mc, just like she got a skill to charm, anyone else could get a counter, or dispel for that, and being an apocalypse, hm good luck to her.

Dex-chan lover
@dudewithmagic cool cool but theres a big problem, if she wants she can order them to die, like if something big attacks the school she can literally send squads after squad to die while she makes her escape, one thing is to relinquish ur freedom for safety by ur own hand and another is to have it yanked away from u unwillingly, and this isnt even taking personal motives of the ppl she enslaves, like maybe some ppl just went to the school to ask for help for another group and she just goes Nope! u work for me now!, and thats that, the group that sended that person would be screwed, any type of mindcontrol is straight up wrong

The prez is like a medieval city lord.

She can stand together with her people and command them such that they survive as a community.
OR
When strong enemies appear, have most of the population fight while having a small contingent of elites escape with her.

Truly everything depends on her character, morality and loyalty towards her subjects.

Despite being the “hunters” and having longer weapons, those three sure are bad at fighting against a nerd with a short knife, well unless he’s a underdog character.

Aggregator gang
@kaminomikan This is a fundamentally stable authoritarian state, power is perfectly centralized and orders are absolute. What matters is the immediate stability this allows, you shouldn't be worrying how your citizens will react in the future when you need to focus on food/shelter/water. She has bodyguards in place, it's unlikely there is a person strong enough on day 4(our MC is stupid OP) to infiltrate or a organization (bar the military) strong enough to remove her position. Again you can only be altruistic when everything is going well.

@Hollow7F While it's always a possibility for a absolute leader to misuse their power, it is strictly a possibility. What we've seen so far is multiple people gaining powers and leveling up under her direction. This is high school so most of them are teenagers of varying ages, they have their freedom restricted for their own good all the time. You yourself listen to COVID procedures issued by the government for your own well being(You freedom was restricted for your own safety). Her job is to protect herself and her people. It doesn't matter how opposing groups would feel about it, for the safety of your citizens takes precedent other theirs. At the end of the day you should only commit yourself to what you can protect and do it to the best of your abilities as should everyone else.

Dex-chan lover
@MaXS_0N probably is, but perhaps he did level up more after killing a human instead of a monster and his stats rose up!?

Users who are viewing this thread