The World of That Otome Game is Tough for Us - Ch. 5 - Operation "0"

Dex-chan lover
I like that Leon just said "fuck that" and ignored her. In any other stupid romcom, MC would just go along with it unwillingly regardless of how retarded the plan is.
He would not ignore her advances and soon will have a lingering thought "shoot, I f***ed my sister..."

Dex-chan lover
To be honeeeest

I like this story better than the main one, because the heroine (Marie) work harder and involved in the story more than Olivia and Liz.

How to say it... the two girls are cute and have their moments... but most of the time they are waiting to be saved or just not really involved in the plot with the MC (they feel like a collateral).

I guess the upside of only focusing on one girl (Marie) is a much better story focus involving few people than the focus going everywhere.

And even in the main story, after 50 chapter or so, even if in the Manga Marie is potrayed even more villainous, Marie become endearing in her way of keep working hard even when everyone around her hinder her way to happy life.

Hey, at least she still took responsibilities of the capture target even when they are broke and cut ties with their influental family hahaha
Marie is actually really hard working in the main story (mostly babysitting her harem members). If it means to get a comfortable life, she will work for it.

This is my personal view since I read until vol10 of the main story

Olivia and Angie suffer from what I can say is "End of a character role" problem that usually happens with MC with harem. Their arc is over, they have little relevance to the next plot point, they are just there for the sake of the story only. I remember Vol 4 or 5 where they played so little role (and forgot which one is the infamous yuri scene)

I originally thought the web novels for this were better than the original 3 books, all this new content reinforces that view.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think the series LN ended, so the publisher can give focus on this SS.
The SS for Marie route also ended alongside the main story.
From what I read from spoilers, Marie route is prequel of the main story since it really ended badly for that world and they reset the world to what we know as the main story. But the SS story might not be canon anymore since there is already a LN version so hopefully author change the setting

This comic is adapting the expanded Light Novel version of Marie Route, which is different in some ways, and the Light Novels aren't all out yet. Something to keep in mind.

Dex-chan lover
Marie narcissistic personality weren't corrected enough even through the severe hardship, she's really hopeless...

Dex-chan lover
I'm starting to feel from all the comments this is like the Shield Hero Spin off LN with Spear being the MC that I actually ended up liking more than the main LN. Didn't help it was actually longer as well due to the whole setup and expanded quite a bit on areas the main LN brushed off.

Both Marie, and Motoyasu ironically were kinda hated due to how they acted in the main story lol.

Users who are viewing this thread