There's No Such Thing as a Villainess Route? Not in My Book! - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Why is the prince trying to console the heroine? She just insulted his fiancée. The fiancée he is, supposedly, very much in love with. The heroine didn't even try to be discreet about it. She outright tried to humiliate the MC, declaring that she is inferior to herself.
Sounds like the kind of situation where any sane/non-mind-controlled person would defend their fiancée and scorn the other girl

@Nep i think @beezacha means that the heroine mistook the cooking for Ophelia's, and if we go by that basis then the heroine's comment was so out of place since the crown prince's fiancee doesn't need to know how to cook anyway

Dex-chan lover
Yup held it in from ch1 but damn I hate this blond bitch. Clearly another reincarnated probably gonna try either just the prince or the harem route... honestly hope she get shut the fuck down and get humiliated trying to seduce the prince. Honestly I would kinda like it to follow in a way to how Jishou Akuyaku Reijou na Konyakusha no Kansatsu Kiroku played out.

Dex-chan lover
It took me a while to actually realize this, but all of these Villainess mangas stemming from some game seem to all feature already engaged characters, who ultimately, end up cheating on their respective partner. Or in other words, the player's goal of those games is to steal the capture targets away from their partner. That's a kind of fucked up setting imo and fits a rather strange fetish.

The flower bed is a very cool love meter :D
Seeing an actual game mechanic is interesting

considering the fact that flower bed is a meter, and just how abrasive the "heroine" is to the Crown Prince already, the role of the flower bed meter probably isn't love. Sure, it could be just starting on the wrong foot, but with the cover in ind and how he feels for our protag, the flower meter is either a hate meter regarding the "heroine" and the targets, or a love meter for our protag and the targets.

this is purely a theory, because I don't really think if this new chick who insulted the cooking that you hurt your hand on is so "loveable." Also, MC was totally o his side, so just maybe? *shrug*

Dex-chan lover
Feels like both mc and the prince has very many options to take which they aren't. ie. prince still favors villainess, and made her fall in love with how he acts to make her happy, but is clearly not acting to make her happy in those chapters. I can give him a pass for now tho, as it can be him thinking she tries to befriend the commoner girl to secure human resources, or even just him seeing mc jealous and enjoying it.
But the mc is clearly not acting reasonable, aside from all the possible actions she can take based on knowing the plot, she could also easily just not play along to the script and instead reprimand her for "intruding on their date". Even if she doesn't do that, she could "confide" in felix that she wants their time alone, and ask him to help her extricate themselves during those moments when the girl is being pushy. She could also ask the girl (with felix hearing) to simply stop stalking mc as mc's "friend", if she is going to be trying to seduce her fiancee in front of mc. And that if she accuses mc for her breaking her own pen, then she should remain at distance before ppl start gossiping blame on mc for whatever other incidents she has planned. (the last sentence might be better to say when she is unaware that felix hears them, to bait her).

Read the spoilers in the previous chapters thread, and I'm dropping this. Honestly, going with that storyline it feels like the author might need a
psycologist or someone to talk to. Why would you put MC through all that and then still have her be in such a toxic relationship? It just leaves a bad taste and I'm reminded of abandoned empress, which honestly scarred me.

@blablablub The thing is, those kind of otome game only exist in manga, but not in real-life. I do wonder if those authors have never tried real-life otome game and just following what's the current trendy in webnovel right now.

Ok but like if she crushes the flower, what would happen? What if she burns the whole school down, will that work?

She says it’s “love” , but that’s actual BS. If she loved him, she’d try to stop the powers that be from manipulating his feelings. I always wish one of the capture targets would wake up and be like, “please stop dehumanizing me, thanks”.

Users who are viewing this thread