These Two Will Be Married In 100 Days - Ch. 74 - Day 74

Tch, that's why you never give junior devs access to your production environment

Supporter
deleting production client table... ABSOLUTE MADLAD (and future unemployed)

protips:
- always use backups
- use 2 different mysql clients, one for production, another for local/dev

Dex-chan lover
*Me who doesn't have any skill or knowledge whatsoever about programming...
also me: WHAT A DUMBASSES HAHAHAHA!!!!

Fed-Kun's army
So I'm super novice at sql.

Don't you need to state what you want to delete from the table for it to work?

Like DELETE * FROM tbl_customer

or DELETE 'customer1' FROM tbl_customer?

Edit:

@MPnoir

Ooof

He should have read this: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4959551-the-manga-guide-to-databases

I'm...probably going to buy that.

Ufi

Ooga we are men of the programme yes

Aa he did the program i must speak out in the programme's name yes i must

Interpreter has no stupid codes, silly dumb cartoon man 🙄 what idiocy must this man of drawings hold to delete SQL *pfft* i am real human who see you are wrong pitiful anime boy

Dex-chan lover
I don't know about codes/programming or whatever it's called, but I can feel he's gonna delete some important shit. And just for being distracted in work.

Double-page supporter
day 74: so anyway i got a job
day 75: so anyway i lost my job

MbMdpCb.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
@gartender

You do but there's quite a bit of space between the DELETE and the rest so I'm assuming they're blocking out the "*". Either way, it's not going to be good for him.

Fed-Kun's army
A newly hired touching customer db from day 1? My oh my I don't have a good feeling about the company itself.

Dex-chan lover
If anyone's curious about the script, if you run it and since the script doesn't have filters, it'll delete the whole customer data/info on that table's database. In short, he's going to fuck up really bad if they don't have a back up database.

Fed-Kun's army
Jesus, the only saving grace is he isn't dropping the entire table but that's not much of a consolation

DON'T RUN THAT SCRIPT.

@gartender selectors like * are only required for, well, select. * means "all columns". A normal delete script is just DELETE FROM tablename.

Dex-chan lover
@GalladeGuy @Korvalus big off...

btw, if i want to study programming, any advice on which language/program i should use?
plenty of people seems to say python though.

@Mogima Python or Ruby are both very forgiving and have huge amounts of available resources to learn from, many of which are free. They're often recommended as beginner languages because their highly readable syntax and structure allow someone unfamiliar with programming to focus more on learning higher level concepts rather than getting bogged down in minutiae.

Users who are viewing this thread