This Villainess Wants a Divorce! - Vol. 1 Ch. 35

I can so relate to Canaria. I want to be a landlady, too!!!

They cant talk like real persons would because its a drama manga. Its like those romance movies you catch on tv sometimes. If the characters were realistic in any way shape or form there would basically be no drama. Well thered be some drama but never to that extent.

I want to add that ive got no problem with dramas in fiction but here it has been like 15/20 chapters of the same shit where nothings happening besides basically the same plot over and over and its getting boring. Might drop this if it doesnt get better soon tbh

Dex-chan lover
@Pocky8 Yea, me too! I want to be a landlady too!
...except that I'm a man, so I don't really know how I'm going to become a landlady.
BUT IF I DESIRE IT HARD ENOUGH I WILL BECOME A LANDLADY ONE DAY!! RIGHT!? 😃

I love how all the comments on this every chapter are just people complaining about how stupid it is. If you dislike it so much, why continue to read and comment?

Thanks to the translator team ^__^

Ah Cesar if you would just ask the targets of the rumor themselves and not the people around them, you'd save yourself some anger and sadness😂

Dex-chan lover
Geez Oscar. Stop. Just stop trying to throwing a wrench in between these two. My lord. They're already having problems because both of them are dense AF. And that diary with the Korean that no one could decipher just has her notes about what's going to happen in the story.
Many thanks

Dex-chan lover
These misunderstandings are starting to get ridiculous
The "sleeping together" rumor is the worst so far. They've been together since they were kids and Caesar even says they see each other as siblings, I understand Caesar is jealous and already suspects his wife and brother of being close but that's because of rumors he heard at the party and now this new one. But what kind of idiot would just mentions casually cheating out loud and in front of your husbands knight.
And, instead of asking Canaria about it he went to the Queens butler because hearing it from his own trusted subordinate wasn't enough. He had to get the confirmation from someone working with the queen, you know the lady who is definitely not someone who would want him to know the truth about anything beneficial to him so why would her followers.
Why would the butler even get this rumor started when it could end up bad for the Queen's son. He took a big risk even though he wont mention it around the knight sure did and it probably would have spread if Caesar wasnt in the room and told him to keep quiet.

They had a good thing going when they found her book with strange characters no one can read. That alone is suspicious and could have been used against her. Its seems the story is just trying to start a conflict with these three in anyway.

Dex-chan lover
@pyokun - she's also more well-informed of everyone's motives and perspectives, and thus doesn't see how she's affecting them. Since she no longer has the omniscience of the novel, she's likely afraid to deviate too much and spin off into chaos.

personally, I find Canaria's behavior much less stupid and dense than it may seem.
Okay, she doesn't realize how Caesar feels about her, but even if she does, she AGREES not to realize it.
Because his is a purely political marriage, and in politics, the less feelings enter into it, the better.
Moreover, at her age she perfectly realizes that love, especially youth love, soon turns on and soon goes out; only that her husband is the future emperor, and if relationships deteriorate it is quite unlikely that we are satisfied with an "okay, we loved each other, we no longer love each other, friends like before".
Since she has no one to protect her if things go wrong, it is more understandable than ever how she wants to keep herself away from the love and blindness to which it leads as much as possible, so as not to risk being burned.
Ok, it's a romantic manga and so we always tend to think that "Omnia vincit amor", but as an adult who tries to survive in a den of snakes . . . his behavior is the most logical and effective

i don't mind the misunderstandings, but i don't particularly like the fact that guy exists.
he wasn't in the original story, and people seem to be so easily manipulated by him.
neither does mc seem to care much about his weird existence, and other don't seem to notice how dangerous he is.
is it that easy to play with royals? if so they would have lost their position really easy.

Caesar's not really helping the situation with his whole "I'm a tsundere, the only way you'll get the truth out of me is to beat it out of me" act. No wonder Canaria doesn't want to fall in love, or read love into Caesar's actions when all the odds are against her. She'd be a fool to fall in love in this uncertain situation, and a "I love you and I want to be with you" from Caesar would solve a lot of her problems. Then she can actually entertain the idea of putting up a fight. Right now, he's expecting her to fight for a marriage that (she thinks)nobody wants or supports.

Dex-chan lover
Landlordship is a solid way of living, so Canaria has a good plan.
If she were ever on the hook for a divorce since her childhood, that is. I'm glad at least Noah has realized how utterly blind she is about this, since it's a start.

"He's just a child to me."
...You know, combined with being familiar with a set plotline, this might be a big part of the problem. Caesar needs to appeal to her as a man, somehow.

As a side note, it's not as rosy as just collecting a paycheck from renters every month. There's regular building maintenance and macroeconomic shifts to worry about, but the biggest nightmare is when you have someone who won't pay and won't leave-not to mention cause regular problems for the building or other tenants. There are legal ways to evict them, but it's often a bureaucratic drag and massive waste of money in the meantime.
Doing a mild amount of research into this career path myself, there are land owners who sell their property and get out of the game purely because of the awful renters they've gotten.

Aggregator gang
Regarding the misunderstanding issues,
judging from the raws, there are only about 8 chapters of misunderstandings and related stupidity left to get through before things get worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread