This Villainess Wants a Divorce! - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Contributor
There's a ton of manga and webtoons out there right now with this premise (not that I'm complaining, I love it), but I gotta say at the very least this one is taking a turn I didn't see coming. Like others have said she's probably trying to play both sides to protect herself both now and in the future, but oof that's a dangerous game to be playing when she already knows what awaits her if the prince doesn't see her as an ally. I can't wait for more chapters!

5D chess mode is playing both sides. 2D checkers is still being the villainess but slightly upgraded with novel knowledge.

I'm betting on 5d chess.

I do hope this is a start of her becoming her own faction in a game of thrones than a start of "misunderstandings".

What a refreshing turn of events for an otome manga. Really liking the MC more and more with every chapter

Dex-chan lover
@draw2much
Well bloody said. Sadly, "Misunderstanding based drama / humor" is the easiest form of narrative to craft, so that is what we're usually getting.
That being said, I am getting the feeling the girly is going to come clean with the prince about her contract with the empress. She's not above the prince, after all. She has to work with him.

I have an unpopular opinion.

I hope she fully side with the empress to destroy the prince. C'mon, I wanna see a villain as a winner! It's so boring seeing the same old 'reincarnated as a villain but Imma be a good girl'. I want to see something like 'reincarnated as a villain and I'm going to die / win as a villain'.

Hope this story is what I look for.

Dex-chan lover
Finally something new and fresh I also hope this marks the beginning of a harsh and just ruler.

Dex-chan lover
I like this. She's very much acting the role of a villainess, and it's convincing enough for me to not be sure just what her intentions actually are.

That said, Canaria is playing a really dangerous game. Sure, knowing the plot is not an insignificant advantage, but she'll be playing against the Empress, who should by all accounts be the grandmaster of the field.

On the other hand, she also needs to take great care to not play her role too well. Play as a villain too much and you'll end up on the protagonist's bad side and getting the epilogue of one. Play as a double-agent too much and you'll either arouse suspicion or produce so much results that you derail the story and render your only asset moot.

My romance-addicted brain is hoping she builds a good relationship with the prince (without misunderstandings) and maybe even befriends the novel's love interest while we're at it. Either way, I like this and I'm excited to see where it'll go.

Reminds me of that story about a stupid bunny resting in a snakes mouth.

hmm? dangerous...the Queen is too much of a snake and after the prince knows it, Canaria won´t have a good ending(?)...
i wonder what´s her real plan?

MC seems like a cunt, but eh, whatever, at least she's doing things herself and not completely generic.

@FrostedFoxes She may seem like a cunt but she's being smart here. By banishing the maids who were originally spies for the empress, she becomes the only source of reliable information of the prince. This means that she can manipulate information however she wants and potentially help the prince while guaranteeing herself a happy life.

@Psychronia I dunno if I would call her a villainess. She's stuck between a rock and a hard place. She knows what will happen to her if she continues down the normal path. So she's hedging her position by being nicer to the Prince while also proving herself to the Empress that she isn't just a vapid tool to be used and disposed of.

MC shouldn't go confront people like that without a plan!
But I think it's more clever than doing the whole goody-goody act, and more proactive.
It fits better with the mentality of having a goal you want to achieve.

if you have ever read till the current update... im just gonna say.. this is not a spoiler
idk why exactly but I prefer/like the empress more than the emperor and the queen (cesar's mom)

Users who are viewing this thread