This Villainess Wants a Divorce! - Vol. 2 Ch. 45

Well, I guess that is what queenie gets for not understanding that it isn't just Canaria, who's betrayed her expectations XD It's not like she ever imagined that Cesar would fall for her plant.

Ah.. Damn..
She just told him that it was poisoned.. But she didn't told him that it was the most potent one.
Maybe one of the reasons he drank it was because he trusted it too much.. his immunity to poisons, that is.

Double-page supporter
Cesar must be pretty sharp. She didn't explain that she was being tested, but he picked up right away that not drinking it would put her in danger.

I wonder if the Queen's plan was actually to frame Canaria for poisoning the prince? What if she already figured out Canaria's loyalties and decided to use this just to get rid of her completely.

Dex-chan lover
"Immunity to poisons" is such an overused and retarded trope, let me see you try build up immunity against mercury or cyanide.
(I'm not responsible for any harm that may come to you if you were so silly to try.)

The Queen did say that she doesn't do this petty tricks, so I wonder if maybe she SAID they would put it but didn't really just to trick them, cause really this is a big event, I don't think she would poison him at such a please even if she wanted to.

A. Its really is poisoned so Cesar drank it to save his wife.

B.Its not poisoned and the Queen is just bluffing if Cesar act poisoned but there is really no poison in the wine then its a 200IQ move. But the flaw here is Cesar is resistant to poison so drinking it will either proved the wine is poisoned or there is no poison and there is no need to act.

Fed-Kun's army
@redpandamaniacal
He might be too sharp for his own good, if this poison really is as stupidly strong as they say it is.

And, while I hate to say it, he might not have picked up that this is a test for Canaria, but is just looking for an opportunity to actually nail the queen and her accomplices. His near-immunity to poison gives him the ability to get poisoned and have a very legitimate grievance against the queen's faction. If he can get someone (or plenty of someones) to testify that the queen ordered his poisoning, he has an airtight case for her execution.

If he survives (and who am I kidding? He's the love interest - of course he'll survive) he gets to score a massive victory here if he plays his cards right and he and Canaria trust each other.

I'm just hoping this won't turn into some horrible drama-fueled "but the one who met with the queen that morning and delivered the poison to us was Canaria!" thing where Cesar ends up suspecting her of actually working for the queen, or some shit where they can't take the queen down because that would require Canaria's testimony about the plot, and Canaria confessing would lead to her getting imprisoned or executed as well.

the moment he drank the poison the song its a "its a true kind of love" from the steven universe movie started playing in my head

Fed-Kun's army
That shockedface.jpg through the arm was really good. Like, artistically speaking.

Double-page supporter
Cesar is the Ultimate Best Boy
Perfect Husbando👌 We all need a Cesar in our lives

But poison doesn't work that fast and just a couple pages earlier they said that particular one kills slowly. Author please be consistent.
Also I think the empress make actually hold real affection for Canaria. That seems interesting.

Contributor
Honestly, him having a strong resistance to poison is not that much of a surprise, just based on his position in society, and his military side. It is not that uncommon for people in certain professions to build up a resistance to certain poisons due to regular contact with them.

As a note, the same basic idea is used medically in order to administer antibiotics to those who allergic to them. This procedure is used when the antibiotic needed is the only that will be effective against the pathogens the patient has. This procedure is simply accomplished by starting out administering extremely diluted amounts of the antibiotic (iv form), then slowly raising the concentration to therapeutic levels, it is possible to desensitize a patient to the antibiotic they are allergic to. Of course, they are being carefully monitored to ensure that they do not react adversely.

This pretty much the same procedure as gaining a resistance to a poison, such as the venom of a snake. By taking extremely tiny amounts of the venom at a time, then slowly increasing it over a period of time, on can become very resistant to the venom of several varieties. Of course, you can't always use this method, it depends on what the mechanisms the venom or poisonous substance uses. A poster below mentions cyanide and mercury. They were being sarcastic about it, but there is truth as well there in that those are substances that this would not work on due to how they work.

Mithridates, the king of Pontus, was paranoid about poisons and developed a method of attaining resistance to them. He would ingest small amounts every day and eventually created a concoction called Mithridatium or Mithridate, which was said to provide the drinker with resistance to all poisons. Although the original recipe was lost after his death, quite a great deal of people drank one form or another throughout history. Royals, obviously, but commoners too. It has been around since 1st century BC and you can probably still find it being sold somewhere today if you look hard enough.

So, Caesar having some resistance to poison is probably expected. I imagine it's just supposed to be an inherit trait or something but it doesn't have to be. Considering his circumstances, he of all people would probably be ingesting mithridate.

@DerpySausage It's interesting if he realizes that the Empress was testing Canaria and did it for that reason, because he hasn't realized the 3rd reason Canaria said they should get divorced is so she doesn't get killed by his father, and he's had weeks to think about that one now whereas he would have only thought about the poison for a couple minutes before deciding to drink it

Users who are viewing this thread