Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - I Reincarnated as a Villainess. Come Quickly, my Engagement Brea…

i think this story delivery is much more mature and deep than what most readers give credit for.

The events-to-follow is pretty much confirmed, there is no need of the usual cliche schadenfreude, though i guess most of us do still love that clicheness

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad she got the ending she wanted while also preparing to strike down the assholes who did nothing to protect her, and only hurt her.

Dex-chan lover
Don't >open end< us! I just read my drug, but got cheated out of being high! Police, the author I haven't payed for to entertain me, dared to not deliver!

Edit: For the people, who believe this is a good/mature/satisfying/artful Ending. There are dangerous questions still open, that might spell doom for MC:
[*]The sister snickered, so she wasn't the naive, good hearted airhead, she was portrait like. How evil/intelligent/backstabing/sheming is she really? Is she also a reincarnated person? Does she maybe even know about MC?
[*]Are we sure it is the game mechanics that let's people forget and changes peoples impressions? MC did mention, that it's a world of swords and magic. If it is game mechanics, why doesn't it affect the world?

Her sister is ... What? What is her sister? Did she stop their because she felt sorry for her or because something messed with her thought process at that point and made her move on? Combine both implied answers from above and you have a very bad end at hand. I need to see what happens next.

I don't really like this one. It may be one of my least favourites in the anthology. There are some things that bugs me about it. Okay, so slavery's legal. Did she ever try to abolish it? Like, I know it won't be easy but she has a lot of sway and everything needs to start somewhere. Furthermore, just how young was she when she was negotiating with other countries? She didn't look very old, maybe 12 or 14? I know she comes from a family with a lot of power but it seems unrealistic that the monarch would entrust the responsibility of diplomacy with other countries to a child/teenager. Well, unless he/she is completely stupid and that's a valid possibility considering the pattern of otome isekai.

It looks like there should be a sequel. The ending is strange for "villainess' happy end"

Fed-Kun's army
This is probably most normie's first encounter with a hanging ending. Oh boy they'll be mad.

Dex-chan lover
@isajin
But we already have the "happy ending": The vilainess is exiled taking only one servant with her.

As bonus we have all the deals she made that are going to brake apart because of this and put the country in a state of devastation =].

I don't think I like this one as much as the rest. The scenario of the villainess being exiled in front of the crowd ordered by the prince with the heroine plays out normally. Nothing actually changed. We just got the point of view of the villainess with the addition of a handsome loyal butler. But I guess it's within the theme of the villainess 'obtaining happiness'. It's not much but she just quietly waited for the event to happen so she could finally be with her butler husbando or whatever lol.

Well the ending is already there, through out the story we already see it, what would happen after this event. But, I agree this ending doesn't feel right, maybe a little time skip is nice, rather than stoping at the peak of what the story have building on.

Dex-chan lover
I felt that this is almost the perfect short story. Strong, punchy, and intriguing. If the mangaka was aiming for future publication, they accomplished the task.

I feel that it was satisfying enough? We all know that the handsome butler won't abandon her and loves her, and by being the prince's ex fiancée and a diplomat, she could possibly bring ruin to the country by divulging their secrets. Aka, she gets everything she wants, her revenge and her beloved. Because of that I don't feel like it needs to be longer.

She's so cool! I'm glad she has that butler. And that she set plans to ruin the prince and her sister.

Thank you as always for translating this!

Users who are viewing this thread