Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 4 Ch. 3 - A Story of Being Unable to Help Being in Love

You know what really bothers me about these settings is how the prince acts as if he can singlehandedly break off an engagement with a duke family, which mind you is only done under permission of the king. I also hate how they act as if noble ladies slapping another when they don’t know their place is a crime. High ranking daughters and families could get away with literal murder and rape. Slapping a low ranking daughter(because of the time they were in) was really inconsequential. And a queen raised from young age is also a big thing that they most definitely cannot get rid of. The princes would get demoted to servants of the royal family aka a duke with no claim to the throne. Like it was socially acceptable to have a mistress, so why don’t they just idk keep them as such. Because having these flower brained girls run a country is terrifying when you have tens of thousands of people relying on them. Princes irl would at least have that much sense. Also for those who go calling the girls homewreckers, political marriages had 0 love, both the girl and the guys would just try to have an heir or two and then go off with their secret lovers. Royal politics were gross and had not followed anything called normal family structure.

Hnnng, this story feels complete as is
But I can't be the only one who just wants to see their cute domestic life and flirting and stuff!!

Dex-chan lover
now this is the best of vol 4 so far 👍👍
ty for the update and hard work 🙏

Fed-Kun's army
This story has too much events cramped into a single chapter. I think it would have worked better with 3-4 chapters. But, gosh, it was soo good. The MC really voiced the feelings of all "villainesses". They worked so hard and for so long just for a random girl appear to steal away their goal without having to do all they had to do.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand claude. Was he really a demon or some hidden prince? Why's the guy he's talking to know what he did?

@kiero13 I'm guessing that not only was he a demon, but he was also some demon royalty. Who just fell in love with a human girl. And by "offering" her body, they're going to consummate their marriage.

This one feels pretty messed up to me. Brainwashing the entire population, and likely others outside the kingdom in order to please the queen, erasing the previous crown prince and his lover’s identities and maybe even their existences, and abandoning his role below the surface, all in the name of love...and that last line, a dark version of the naive sentiments of the prince and that other girl... well, it’s nothing I wouldn’t expect of a demon.

And that’s the way I like my villainesses, anyway—with just a dash of amorality and cruelty—so I like this story.

How sweet. Brainwashing seems unethical, I'd rather see a story of subjugation and humiliation, but whatever.

But what kind of demon name is Claud Michael?

basically otome is a revenge stories, right? when there's nothing to see about the defeated enemies, there's no satisfaction in it.
this is bland.

I really like this one, she's got backbone, it wasn't false charges.

And I think it's really sweet that Claude gave up a title like the demon lord(?) and became the king of the kingdom for her.
His assistant implies it to be a much lower rank in the demon world's eyes. But he doesn't care and goes above and beyond to make her happy.

Only gripe is that we don't get to see anything on the prince and the girl he cheated with after they became commoners. I suppose it's what you should be doing IRL, not wasting any effort caring about the awful people who have been cut out of your life.. but when it comes to reading villainess stories, I want my feel good revenge LOL

Hell yeah babbbbby. I LOVE a ML who is completely enamored with the FL. Brainwash that kingdom for her, it's my guilty pleasure CX

LOL I found the devil turning the prince and his lover into villagers funny. Tbh that's actually a good idea. If the prince refused to be a responsible royalty, might as well demote him to a commoner. And if the other girl actually loved and not his position, they'd still have their own happy ending.

Group Leader
@LilMato

Name one sorry like that whcih isnt a villanes story

There stories have tricked you into thinking that is a common trope when. In eality the authors made it up so the can hammer in how oppressed there spoiled nobles MCs are

Dex-chan lover
Just. Wow.
A simple and brutally straightforward application of the line, "In the name of love."

Users who are viewing this thread