Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness!

Double-page supporter
This got saved by the second chapter, first one is still garbage but maybe we'll get more along the lines of the second rather than the first.

@Cloverfr Thanks for the suggestion but I am also currently reading that. Most of the real otome games I've heard of are set in modern times but for some reason all of these are set in olden European times.

Group Leader
I see that I was not the only one who disliked the first chapter. I think that I can understand why, after sleeping on it a bit:

Quite simply, although it styles itself as a subversion of ordinary "heroine/villainess" stories, there is still a clearly delineated "good girl" and an equally clearly delineated "bad girl" in the story; it's just that their places in the back-story are switched. Worse yet, the antagonist's motivations are so ill-explained that she's (surprise!) merely a one-note villainess.

Contrast this to the second chapter, where
people's (prot- and ant- agonists) motivations for acting that way are explained, and both of the girl characters are quite clearly good girls.
That is how you make a subversion.

This is a gem right here Especially chapter 2 and chapter 3, oh my the laugh im having right now... just what i needed :D

For me, I liked all the first three chapters. But the second chapter is my best for now. I mean, a villainess with glasses? Oh, hot damn. The tsundere villainess was also funny too (third chapter)

This is basically a fix for those getting salty on dragged villainess stories that wants closure like i am. Its nice to know it can end well. But damn that ch3 was hilarious

hell yes, I'm glad other people are into this wonderful niche storyline type XDDD

Incredible how much the quality improves when you purge the isekai otome game from this.

Dex-chan lover
Chapter 2 has the best and most hilarious Vilainess-Heroine dynamic while Chapter 3 has the best Capture Target-Vilainess dynamic. I can't wait for what the last two will be <3

Well, the prince was mentioned to have an unreadable smile so Sophia should have known.... but that was too funny for me, Leo is somewhat like Cecil from Akuyaku Jishou (rest omitted). These scheming princes.....😅😂

Yes, one-shots.

Lmao, the first chapter was so bad and I dropped, then decide reread this anthology again cause the noticeable boom on the comment section from chapter 2.

If you want to enjoy this anthology, don't put expectation.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why the series starts with such a retard oneshot because it certainly steers a lot of people away from it. I did until my friend convinced me to give the 2nd chapter a try and it was really good and hilarious. The 3rd and 4th chapter are decent, could have probably been better with more development. Anyway don't bother reading the 1st oneshot. Definately read the 2nd one lol

Users who are viewing this thread