To Love Ru

I really wish the MC would have more of an open mind in these kinds of mangas. The MC shouldn't be so single-mindedly chasing a single love interest without even considering the others. As such, when you don't like the main LI, it just makes the series that much worse (unless you like said LI).

Power Uploader
Confused about high rating??
Yeah.. get used to it.. we are talking about ‘to love ru’ here... This was one of the few mangas having such a good ecchi content back then (and not to mention, it also had official colour version)... So, many people loved the high testosterone rush while reading it...

wont lie and say that this isnt a dog shit read thats not hard on the mind because of how its cringe af but it was one of my first ecchi so ... i guess i just deal with it

but yeah rito is literally a worthless individual who only thinks of sarenji and then tries to act like the hero and fails its annoying af

i know that in japanese, names have meanings, and so i wonder if any of the characters' names is something of a pun or a joke on their character... tho unfortunately i dont speak nor read japanese...

Dex-chan lover
To Love-Ru is particular. On the one hand its quite childish, to the point when I was reading it I could tell I'm some too old for this. The villans are corny to the extreme. There is never any real sense of dread in the manga that even other Shounen provides. On the other hand this childish nature hit very close to home. It made me think of the children shows I would watch on TV back in the day. To be given that feeling again was lovely.

The plot itself is lacking. Rito is in love with Haruna his childhood friend, but gets himself.in a marriage contract with Lala, heir apparent to the Deviluke Empire, the strongest in the galaxy. Despite the serious nature of the first few chapters, the manga shifts to light hearted humour and ecchi by chapter 10 or so. Despite this, the adventures the characters get themselves into were highly entertaining and its fun seeing Rito's harem expand. The ecchi is a treat. And the comedy is actually better than most manga I've seen, with good enough art to back up the absurd comedy. The ending is very lacking, but the existence of a sequel means that, hopefully, the unfinished plot points are resolved there.

This manga exists as light comedy and ecchi, without a larger message or compelling plot. Yet again, I enjoyed it, and at the end of the day, that's what manga should do for me more than anything else.

7/10.

This was legendary, simply put you had to be there during its time. Apart from Sora no otoshimono(Tomoki is basically the opposite of Rito by the way) there wasn't anything quite like To love ru(though for the OG's Love Hina is the true hero of the genre).

Users who are viewing this thread