To Your Eternity - Vol. 10 Ch. 93 - The Fate Of The Ship

Contributor
So, "the observer and the knocker have both communicated the meaning of this war" but I'm afraid it flew over my head. Anyone?

Dex-chan lover
@lightingcloud it is quite simple, for the observer it is so fushi can continue with his cycle of meetings to learn more, and for the knockers is bc those who make a good conection with fushi becomes sort of immortal bc their souls stay wih him.

Fed-Kun's army
6a1ca4bfa20fe74ddb056df66f540413.png

Could we possibly get some info from the translators on what specific Japanese words were used here and what they mean in isolation? Obviously whatever is going on here is very vague and hard to grasp in the first place so I'm not saying your translation is bad or anything, I can't expect people to magically read the mind of the mangaka and give me two paragraphs explaining plot points. I just think it'd be nice to have a better grasp of what was said here and other ways we might be able to interpret it.
There are cases here and there where a small issue in English phrasing ended up meaning something entirely different later on when the author eventually fleshed out the concept. For a recent example of what I mean: https://cdndex.com/data/12408cfefdc79d9dd5019185f66ea5bc/K33.png
So yeah, thanks for the translations and I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, I don't have any problems with the way things are phrased here (I haven't seen the raws and don't know Japanese very well in the first place anyway), it's just that any extra insight anyone might have would be appreciated.

@lightingcloud Like I said above, it's hard to know for sure. Maybe because of a language barrier, maybe because the author left it intentionally vague, and either way we're not exactly given a lot of information about it, just two panels worth of text.
From what we do have, it seems like the knockers communicate via emotion itself, and for them pain is evil (a description in their language of the concept of evil? an objectively evil thing or act? the very concept of evil in and of itself?) and thus because humans can suffer pain they should be destroyed (because they're evil? because they should be freed from evil?)

@kaeldy so, in the past, Fushi would make that sleep drug in the girl’s body that was immune to it, but this time he was too hasty and fell asleep because he forgot to change

Fed-Kun's army
This is just a guess, but the concepts of Buddhism and other Indian religions might shed some light on the ontology of this series' world. In this context, perhaps the most accurate term would be "suffering" (the most common translation of the term dukkha) rather than "pain". According to Buddhism, life in the material world is permeated with suffering born from our dissatisfaction, attachments, and desires, and is repeated in a cycle of rebirth (samsara); breaking free from such cycle is the final goal. Perhaps the knockers are naturally attracted to places with people exhibiting feelings that lead to suffering, and seek to liberate them from their material bodies (the vessels they speak of) in order to stop it. Fushi agitates them more so than usual, being the embodiment of unending dukkha not just for himself but also for the souls he contains within himself, both preventing their rebirth and their liberation from rebirth. However, this doesn't explain why the souls stolen from Fushi can be recaptured—is it because the way the knockers "store" them is different (similar to a state of nirvana) while being a part of Fushi forces them back into the world of suffering?

Dex-chan lover
I hope if this become movies it will have at least lotr qualities.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh that was awesome. Freaking spooky. I love this manga. Heck yeah.

XL

Dex-chan lover
Black dude: Surpriseeeeeeeeee butsek!!
Ghost man: Rude biatch

Dex-chan lover
....So, emotions with no body, versus an immortal body with no emotions (the guy in black)?

Aggregator gang
So basically Black Hood and Fushi are the same type of existence, with the former being the fully developed one, I guess.

Knockers don't like pain because they are highly emotional and to them pain is bad, therefore anything that can experience it must be eliminated. Troll Logic. Apparently they are also a force of nature?? Iirc they are the form of fae or whatever.

Love this so much, finished it through in 4 days. Will reread to actually look at the lavish backgrounds sometime...

My theory for fushi fainting is either 1 he spaced out and forgot the poison has an air component 2 someone shoved him and just the bowl breaking and it getting on his hand was enough or 3 just it touching his hand from generating it in a nonresistant form was enough. Irritating and vague but enough possible explanations.

The plot hole that annoys me is the dead/not dead princess. Did he revive her and lose her form and then forget she exists like he does? But wouldn't he notice something was off if she was absent from his memories of... Yesterday? A couple days ago? Ahhhhhrg.

Aggregator gang
@GoldFlareon Fushi didn't realize the sleeping drug would affect him on the spot, that's why he fainted. It probably is strong enough to affect people by the smell of it or it evaporates quickly (hence why Bon covered his face so it wouldnt make him unconscious).

About the girl: Fushi just made an empty body that could be used by the ghost of the girl without him knowing. It seems as long as there is a vessel, the ghosts of those who hold regrets can habit it and come back to life.
Unlike the first chapters, Fushi is far from needing a strong stimuli to be able to take a form by now (It seems he can easily feel other's emotions/pain, and that is enough)

Group Leader
pokoa: *meets new girl*
pokoa: *touches her boobs*
ok, this is totally normal

Users who are viewing this thread