To Your Eternity - Vol. 13 Ch. 124.2 - Mizuha (2)

Fushi's biggest mistake was not banging Hayase and living in a harem of religious fanatics. Now he has another shot at it.

Group Leader
I'd read the raws this past weekend, and then I reread the past chapter after it was translated and never realized how "in your face" the foreshadowing was:

x14.png

I don't know how I feel about Mizuha. I was hoping she'd be able to be the less batshit-crazy Knocker friend Fushi never had, but it looks like that isn't the case. Though to be honest Mizuha had too much of a superiority complex/narcissistic streak to be that great of a friend to Fushi anyway.

Can someone refresh my memory and remind me what the purpose of Mizuha's/Hayase's guardianship was? What was it that motivated these Knocker-infested guardians to protect their mortal enemy? Was that resolved when we timeskipped, or is there something lingering that Mizuha's trying to resolve, Knocker-possessed or not?

@red_bean_casserole Hayase wanted to have Fushi's child, so when she failed she started the Guardian Corps with the express purpose of keeping Fushi alive so one of her heirs could could eventually complete her goal.

As for why the one knocker who was constantly passed down Hayase's family line agreed to help the Guardian Corps? The Renryrr arc sure made it seem like the knocker in question was doing it as a long con to get close to Fushi and hopefully kill him. But that was just my interpretation.

Double-page supporter
@red_bean_casserole
No, the pre-knocker war arc one
I forgot which one specifically/particularly, but I know it's somewhere before Bon changed his appearance and before people tried to put Fushi into a molten ball cause they thought Fushi was a devil or somethin' similar

Group Leader
@AlexMCS , @Human_the_2nd Thanks for reminding me. It's been near over a year since that chapter came out. (edit: omfg that was chapter 69: https://mangadex.org/chapter/359143? god how far we've come).

@MC_Gigglepants I totally forgot how intertwined Hayase('s bloodline) and Fushi were. She's been there since vol 2, which, at this point in the series, may as well be the beginning.

I do wanna say, the earlier parts of the series focused a lot on mortality in contrast to Fushi's immortality, and there was always a consequence, usually negative, to Fushi's intervention. Then did Renryrr arc's ending on a high note only signal that much graver consequences were to come? I'm assuming Hayase, and now Mizuha, are manifestations of some corrective force that is supposed to keep the world in equilibrium, and Fushi saving the world did a lot to throw that off balance. Now it's coming back to him in full force, and Mizuha losing her shit is just the tip of the iceberg.

(Or were the Knockers the manifestation of balance and Hayase just a crazy, maniacial power- and immortality-hungry piece of work that everyone says she is/was? I forget tbh.)

Fed-Kun's army
bruh.
lol this is suffocating, its insane how much this story has revolved around that family line and the rogue knocker.

Dex-chan lover
@goodapollo27
@Australis Fushii can only revive his friends, if I remember correctly. So shouldn’t be able to revive her mother.
@Human_the_2nd
@ goodapollo27
Remember that time Fushi revived a princess that was barely an acquaintance of his? That worked, I see no reason how it won't
@Mr_Lucifer
Fushi can't revive people whose souls have already passed on.

Remember that time someone asked Fushi to revived a king? He said he can only make the king's body, not revive him. When the king revived, Bon hid the information from Fushi

Fed-Kun's army
@goodapollo27 @Human_the_2nd @ goodapollo27 @Mr_Lucifer
I think you guys getting Fuushi's reviving abilty wrong to some degree.

He cannot revive what he can't see (like those ghosts that hung around the prince).
"he cannot revive the people he has never seen alive as he cannot grasp how the person was before their death."

So its possible that for the brief moment he met "whats her face's" mom, that may be enough...
I won't doubt that he'll revive her in the next 1-2 chapters.
After all "whats her face" can't go to jail, plot wise it's not good.

Users who are viewing this thread