To Your Eternity - Vol. 14 Ch. 125.1 - Secret Base (1)

Dex-chan lover
I like how it's just destiny that all the ancestors want to bang Fushi.

Dex-chan lover
Poor fushi, he still doesn't understand the universal truth of "don't stick your dick in crazy"

"Something wrong here is not right..."
Is it the knocker that makes those people crazy and gives them the hots for Fushi?

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Sleepii
It's not the psrt about hitting someone I meant, it's the "they sift through the debri! Look, here's an oily rag" part

Double-page supporter
@A-tan totally agree with you there. The mom tried so hard to cut Mizuha away from the curse, but the family trait of "over-achievers" is still strong so it messed up Mizuha in a different way. I don't know if it really was a backfire, but it certainly did trigger her burst of thirst for Fushi. Also, finding out about Hayase and the history of her clan added to that.

I just don't like how the mangaka seems to be dragging each arc of his life though, except for that one time when it's suddenly 350 years into the future. This reminds me of Inuyasha, where they seem to not know how to end the story.

Double-page supporter
@HoneyPopper The thing about it is we never really got a good idea of how Hayase's clan really was other than her fabricating history to try and achieve power through Fushi and her indoctrinating her children and the ones who came after. So Mizuha's mother being obsessed with making her daughter do all sorts of things doesn't translate into a family trait and only seems like an isolated case. It could be, is just that the author never bothered showing any of that in depth much like with the world building tbh

Mizuha's random fixation with Fushi is completely by chance. If her mother didn't give her reasons to want to run away, if she wasn't so isolated from her peers due to being "perfect", if her grandfather wasnt stranged from her mother, then Mizuha wouldnt have gone there to seek shelter and finding out about Fushi.

In the end, she fixates not so much with Fushi, whom she barely knows, but much like her ancestor, she fixates with the idea Fushi represents to her. She says it herself, she had a void in her life and thinks "aquiring" Fushi will fullfil her existence because lo and behold, that was her "destiny" all along.

Personally I think is kinda lazy, writting wise. And made worse by the seemly queer baiting between Mizuha and Hanna. But yeah I do also think the story doesn't have any real direction, which creates more problems/makes the series stale.

The author's strongest point is characters and their interactions, but in a fantasy setting like this, this kind of makes the story bland.

Supporter
@reu
Fair enough, but that doesn’t make it any better. You can find out why something happened and what led to an outcome without accepting what happened. Lots of serial killers had shitty childhoods, doesn’t make what they did any better.

Finally catch up. Probably one of the best stuff I've read in a while.
I hope the anime get a huge success cause it deserve it.

this story arc really won't stop metronoming between vaguely interesting and absolutely awful.

Dex-chan lover
@SCP-049
FUSHI
YOU WILL FUCK MY SISTER
IF NOT HER MY DAUGHTER
MY GRAND-DAUGHTER
I WILL HAVE YOUR GENES YOU IMMORTAL SON OF A BITCH
THE REDFIELD BLOODLINE MUST EVOLVE

Users who are viewing this thread