Today Once Again, the Assassin Cannot Win Against the Girl He Picked Up! - Ch. 15

Group Leader
I think you are overthinking it. Remove all context and think of a child asking this to a close relative:
"Do you like my dad?"
"Don't worry, I like you much more."
In other words, Azuki thought that Lily was opening to her (because of course she did, that's what she wants the most), and worried about not being liked, so she tried to reassure her saying that she loved Lily more than anyone, and she wouldn't need to worry about her being liked.

Dex-chan lover
This. And then she realised that Lily LOVES Soujirou. That's why she reacted so strongly to THAT.
And the cat trick was 10/10, noly pros like Soujirou won't fall for it.

And for the Usagi Drop guys - hold your horses for a while. We know that Lily had hellish life until Soujirou came. He gave her everything she ever wanted or things she didn't even know she wanted. For her, he's ultimate kindness, knight in shining armour, basically perfection. But she still doesn't know the "outside" world, she doesn't have social knowledge you would find in girls her age. Get her some time till she learns about the world and her own feelings.

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised Soujirou saw through Lily's poker face. She could have fooled professionals back in Las Vegas. I guess Soujirou is not the best assassin for nothing.

Official h doujin when? Hope the artist gives this the succubus manga treatment.

Double-page supporter
@starburst98 The romance tag has been there since the beginning and it was revealed early on that she liked him romantically, so people have been given plenty of time to drop it in case it does go that route. Personally, I don’t really care either way.

Contributor
I read it as Lily wanting Azuki to be her momma; is that not the most likely interpretation?

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, I dunno, is it just me or did the story take a bad turn since Azuki appeared? There's no progression at all, the dialogue is repetitive, even the art is lackluster with all the squiggly faces and samey expressions. The vibe is gone. I checked the early chapters specifically, and I like them just as much now as I did back then.
What the hell happened...

htt

Group Leader
@dreamlesswindow I think removing all context in this case is the worst thing to do -- from the previous chapters, Lily doesn't hold a high opinion of Azuki (Lily sees her as a rival for Soujirou's affections, not as a close relative or mother figure [yet]). She called Azuki over in secret to try and figure out how much of a rival she is, and gets hit with a surprise "I like Lily the most!" Lily (until now?) didn't care about Azuki at all, Azuki is stranger-danger, steal-my-dad-demoness to her right now imo

I agree with your assessment on Azuki's perspective, she's all about wanting to get on Lily's good side, but my interpretation of her thoughts is different.

...gonna trawl the twitter thread to see what they think xd

Dex-chan lover
Lily is probably in love with Soujirou
Azuki wants to adopt Lily

Soujirou has goddamn clue what is going on anymore

Also, look at that last panel and remember that one of the world's most dangerous assassins tried to fool another of the world's most dangerous assassins...By pretending to be a cat...Oof...

Dex-chan lover
@Inori
The fluff is gone because of Azuki, she basically ruins what used to be a cool and cute dynamic between an assassin and a kid by barging in and ruining the mood. And since she arrived their are way less interactions between Lily and Soujirou. I don't even understand why the author added someone like her to the story, it's like the annoying clingy lesbian they occasionally put in harem manga.

Double-page supporter
@Echonic She's not near that bad for me, yet being the key word. Though I will agree the clingy af lesbian trope that authors toss into harem series is cancer

Dex-chan lover
>2020
>people still can’t immediately recognize rearing fetish manga
@firosahoge
See Usagi Drop is so reviled because it read like a genuine childcare manga until the last volume or two. If Rin had acted like this obviously thirsty loli from chapter 1 nobody would care.
@DracoSafarius
Clingy lesbian chara always make me think of that guy on /fit/ that got cucked trying to have a threesome

Users who are viewing this thread