Toilet-bound Hanako-kun - Ch. 113 - Changes (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
lmao I can't believe I got that close to the truth, saying Akane would revert this the moment Aoi was together with Nene jokingly last chapter. But being engaged to Teru is even better honestly :dogkek:

Interesting we finally get to see what their original aim was when they altered the timeline. Getting rid of Tsukasa, or whatever has possessed him, sure is hard. I wonder if changing the past will be enough, or well rather it already looks like it won't be. Curious whether the "girl from class 3" who summoned a ghost and didn't come to school ever since could be referring to Sakura :thonk:

Thanks a ton for the upload and pardon me being 11h late already :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
ugh I hate how unfair everything is for akane, then he's also getting bullied by teru. then again, although I ship them, maybe akane is better off in this new world just cause he won't be a simp lol

then again, an entirely new present doesn't mean there won't be new issues. seems like what happened is
the entity hanako from the previous present was replaced into tsukasa. he's probably more powerful now too since he stayed dead and didn't have a human replacement.

I kinda wanted to see amane though. but if he continued living, he should be a grandpa in this present.

Dex-chan lover
I know this probably defeats the whole point of the arc but like... IDK I kinda find them selfish for trying to return things to the way they were when like, several people who were dead before (most notably Mitsuba and Shijima and obv Hanako himself) are alive in this timeline. Like I do understand the whole point is that erasing the world they actually fought for and made connections and just having this new world handed to them is bad, but like... should they really put Mitsuba's mom through the pain of losing her child again? Because Akane is mad his crush is dating his his mortal enemy?

Given the last couple of pages I assume they're setting up some kind of fatal flaw in this timeline that will justify reverting it, but man so far it just feels like they're only trying to get things back to where they were because that's what the plot needs them to do.

... ironically enough I had the opposite problem with Dragalia Lost, where I had massive problems with the story's ending involving resetting the timeline so everything is "better" now and thought them staying in the old timeline would've made more sense considering the entire theme of the final arc of that game, but I guess it boils down to context and framing, lol.

Dex-chan lover
I know this probably defeats the whole point of the arc but like... IDK I kinda find them selfish for trying to return things to the way they were when like, several people who were dead before (most notably Mitsuba and Shijima and obv Hanako himself) are alive in this timeline. Like I do understand the whole point is that erasing the world they actually fought for and made connections and just having this new world handed to them is bad, but like... should they really put Mitsuba's mom through the pain of losing her child again? Because Akane is mad his crush is dating his his mortal enemy?

Given the last couple of pages I assume they're setting up some kind of fatal flaw in this timeline that will justify reverting it, but man so far it just feels like they're only trying to get things back to where they were because that's what the plot needs them to do.

... ironically enough I had the opposite problem with Dragalia Lost, where I had massive problems with the story's ending involving resetting the timeline so everything is "better" now and thought them staying in the old timeline would've made more sense considering the entire theme of the final arc of that game, but I guess it boils down to context and framing, lol.
I don't think them reverting to the previous timeline would result in Mitsuba's mom having to experience it all again, it will simply have always been the case.

I can't think of any cases where changing the timeline so everything was better was ever a satisfying and well written conclusion to a story.

This kind of plot point will always elicit differing perspectives from readers, as it involves philosophy and value among other considerations. I personally subscribe to the belief that the world they've lived through and the experiences they had exceeds that of this fake world, as explored in the Picture Perfect arc before. The characters that were resurrected had already made their peace, as had Mitsuba's mother in her grieving.

Don't kill me please but I kinda like the Teru Aoi ship haha although i know it won't happen, like a guilty ship. Plus it was hilarious this time

Fed-Kun's army

that being said though, this may be the way they're setting it up so that they can change the timeline to be similar to the one they had before, but people like mitsuba lived while retaining the previous relationships

Fed-Kun's army

I think they’ll have to face this in future chapters. Honestly, I don’t know why Teru is so upset, but I can understand Nene not comprehending this yet.

In the end, they’re all kids so I can buy them making more impulse or selfish decisions.

Dex-chan lover
I think they’ll have to face this in future chapters. Honestly, I don’t know why Teru is so upset, but I can understand Nene not comprehending this yet.

In the end, they’re all kids so I can buy them making more impulse or selfish decisions.
Yeah, Teru's motivation here mostly seems to be "against anything supernaturals do on principal, even if it's something good" rather than anything more substantial

If a supernatural found a cure for cancer Teru would probably be destroy it on account of it coming from a ghost

... am I the only one who thinks that the change was simply Hanako not killing himself after killing Tsukasa?

Like, Tsukasa still sold his soul to save Hanako's life, and Hanako still killed him when he realized something was wrong. However, he wasn't guilty this time, and so he decided to keep living.

Unless somebody else said something along the lines of that and I completely missed it-

Dex-chan lover
... am I the only one who thinks that the change was simply Hanako not killing himself after killing Tsukasa?

Like, Tsukasa still sold his soul to save Hanako's life, and Hanako still killed him when he realized something was wrong. However, he wasn't guilty this time, and so he decided to keep living.

Unless somebody else said something along the lines of that and I completely missed it-
Honestly I couldn’t even begin to theorise what the change was, but what you say seems like a logical explanation!

Users who are viewing this thread