Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Ch. 36 - May I Ask For Seconds...? (1)

Dex-chan lover
The point is the same misguided reason they always add new girls. The more girls, the more chance they will appeal to someone’s preferences. But it always backfires because its sacrifices the story and romance for “appeal”.

With thousands of new chapters coming out every day and so many people self publishing online, it must be scary trying to be an outlier. Doing something unique also means that it doesn’t have inherent mass appeal something big has.

And sometimes it works. I mean look at some of the comments. For every person who, struggling with the story, someone just fell in love and it’s probably going to be even more invested now.

Case in point:
I'm still team Alya but tomboys with a girly gap are precious thing

Dex-chan lover
How many "donnas" and it girls does this fucking school have? They introduce a new one every three chapters or so

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

A new girl is added to the list and I am glad it's not YET a new addition to a harem or something - still a nice addition to the cast of characters. At the manga's pace I am guessing the upcoming anime adaptation might overtake the entire manga content by a volume or two (of the LN) at the end of its season. Good thing it was delayed to Summer 2024 so we should have 3-4 chapters worth of content in the manga before the anime comes in. But I have to say, I like the art style of the manga better than the anime but I am looking forward to the anime just by the mere reason of Alya being voiced by Uesaka Sumire.

Dex-chan lover
At first I read it to learn how shitty russian will be in this (it's sometimes ok-ish, but it's just a MTL most of the time, and speach somewhat disengaged from character or situation) or how much russian character and culture will be clichéd (not much of it, as it would pretty much be in the setting of expat and no russia, not Zina Void if you know what I mean), but OH MY FUCKING ORTHODOX GOD every, absolutly every character is stupidly over the top, and not in a funny quirky way, but just straight up over the top Mary fucking Sue way to the point of them being beyond boring and stupid. Example A of writer filling the world with Mary Sues.

Dex-chan lover
So you're telling me, without Kuze, that Prez is having a harem in his stuco's room?

Dex-chan lover
Bro, this feels more like a family meeting if think about it, it's Prez and his girlfriend, the Russian girl and her older sister and MC and his little sister.💀

Dex-chan lover
It took a month to walk through a Door and sit down. And you know why? It’s the same reason every manga slows to a halt:

They had to introduce another new love interest to make this an even bigger harem. And now we will have more and more chapters dedicated to her interactions with MC thinning the series out even more.

All they can do with that little time is basic tropes without any set up now. And it’s an issue of their own making, why introduce more characters when the story is already struggling to progress?
Dude, did you read the chapter? They said it's the President's girlfriend, I don't see how she's a love interest unless you're into certain genre, lmao.

Dex-chan lover
The male-female ratio seems a bit skewed. They need to recruit one comic relief dude to balance things out.

Banned
fuck man its gets boring and boring they don't started dating but the shit is dry as fuck .

I hate to complain when I'm pirateing this but why only 12 pages? That's like half the usual.
well this was formatted for two parts so i'll prob expect the second half on like the 15th or something of this month. prob like chapter 33 and 34

I feel like this chapter was the manga equivalent of breaking the "show not tell" rule. "Here is a new character! This is everything you need to know about her. End."

Dex-chan lover
It took a month to walk through a Door and sit down. And you know why? It’s the same reason every manga slows to a halt:

They had to introduce another new love interest to make this an even bigger harem. And now we will have more and more chapters dedicated to her interactions with MC thinning the series out even more.

All they can do with that little time is basic tropes without any set up now. And it’s an issue of their own making, why introduce more characters when the story is already struggling to progress?
To sell merchandise :meguuusad:

Ps: the practice of giving chapters the stupidest names continues

Dex-chan lover
Student council room looking like the president's office lol

Dex-chan lover
WE LIVE AND DIE BY YOUR ORDERS, ANE-SAN!
maxresdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread