Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Yuri Sisters, I Don't Dislike That. (7)

Dex-chan lover
image0.png

perfect

Dex-chan lover
this also bothers me as a casual reader because it also is an accessibility issue. although you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, its another thing entirely if you can't even understand what it is. as a result i typically ignore a lot of stuff because their titles are romanized.

It usually doesn't bother me in terms of picking stuff up because I will check basically anything that appears in the 'latest updates' section with an interesting cover or chapter name even if it doesn't have an English title, or I go off recommendations from other people in the comments sections of works I like. But it becomes frustrating when I look at my followed feed and see a new chapter for something come up and I have to go "wait... which one was that again?" when the title isn't in English, especially when the title is the manga-typical over-long one (instead of like a 2-5 word title. Like I will remember "ase to sekken" or "jitsu wa watashi wa" even though I also know them by their English names, but when the title is like 8+ words and confers a sentence or more's worth of content, it's just not happening most of the time.) I think there are like maybe 4 series that I particularly like where I can retain a chunk of the title sufficient to recognize it at a glance.

This one is especially bad because the romanization insists on using "Roshia" instead of "Russia" because it takes away what should be a recognizable word for the sake needlessly pedantic "accuracy"

I understand that this might be intentional because I bet that primary display titles are the same across all languages and that array of international titles shown on a series' page is never used for any sorting or appearances on the site, but that is probably something that should be adjusted if possible. Allow people to set if they want titles to appear as kanji, romanized, or translated into a language of choice where available in places like the main page or search feature or whatever.

"he doesn't stand out even tho he's with the princess" -name less mob

The weird manga obsession with people needing to "fit together" is starting to get on my nerves. "oh he/she's not the right kind of person to be with the M/FMC" is so lazy and counterproductive. At least if they had a reason, even if it was only a shallow and possibly incorrect one, it would be fine.

Dex-chan lover
It's something I have noticed time and time again in so many manga. A guy is nearly (or actually is) superhuman but doesn't want anyone else to know and think of him just as some average nobody. Hell that is the entire point of Eminence of Shadow, just dialed up to 11.

I know Japanese people don't like standing out and troubling others, but to see it happen in a good chunk of the manga I read across many different genres, just leaves me scratching my head as to why they are so obsessed with the idea even in their fiction.
Not everyone likes being the center of attention you know. Fame can be a pain in the ass for some people, and it's not just a Japanese thing – it happens to people all over the world.

One of the biggest downsides of being famous is that you have to put up a facade of a perfect persona to meet people's expectations and avoid criticism. I'm sure as hell Masachika hated that, so he decided to become a nobody."

Dex-chan lover
Not everyone likes being the center of attention you know. Fame can be a pain in the ass for some people, and it's not just a Japanese thing – it happens to people all over the world.

One of the biggest downsides of being famous is that you have to put up a facade of a perfect persona to meet people's expectations and avoid criticism. I'm sure as hell Masachika hated that, so he decided to become a nobody."
Hell yeah. I study engineering because I want to contribute and work on interesting things.

Fame? That can go to hell.

Who wants fame? If anything should be famous it is inventions and discoveries, impressive engineering feats, but leave me out of the limelight please. Just give me a nice bonus and let me keep enjoying working on interesting shite.

Fed-Kun's army
I think the author couldnt come up with a new chapter title so that's why we've had this cringe-ass one for seven chapters in a row
It's just the title name of the story chapter in the light novel, which happen quite frequently in manga adaptation from LN.

My kokorooooo. I'm calling it now, he'll confess to her by saying, "I love you," in Russian.

Dex-chan lover
I'm loving this manga but they gotta stop trying to make MC into an average nobody. Dude can do literally anything and has connections out the ass.
Nah I never felt like he was a nobody. But I do agree that he can literally do everything, I hope he doesn't just stay a stereotypical OP MC and has some weakness.

Supporter
He doesn't want to consistently be the center of attention. He'd rather other people do well.
image.png
He doesn't believe he deserves to be the focus of anything after his first crush vanished, he lost his mother's love and abandoned his sister for his own freedom (at least, that's how he perceives things). In many cases, he's forgotten he's as talented as he is and, in others, he detests the skills he does recall he has as he didn't have to work hard to develop them. He can rise to his own potential, but only in support of someone else working their hardest.

Users who are viewing this thread