Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 24 - That Was... An Unfortunate Happening, Don't You Think...? (1)

Dex-chan lover
Uhh don't we already know Yuki is his sister pretending to be a childhood friend ? Why are these commemts being marked as spoilers ?

Dex-chan lover
That had the chance for her to catch on that he cam understand Russian, she literally corrected what she wanted in Russian an somehow he knows..
Hasn't he done similar things before? I think she just interprets it as him being able to read her well.

Dex-chan lover
Hasn't he done similar things before? I think she just interprets it as him being able to read her well.
Yeah, and it can be surprising, from the outside looking in, how much people are able to ignore/ don't notice to maintain their worldview. I'm not immune to it either, but it's really hard to notice when it's you doing the not noticing

Supporter
Like the person said above me just re-read it but their parents divorced so legally they aren't siblings and nobody in the school knows about this.
Moreover, as part of the agreement that allowed him to abdicate his responsibilities as heir to the house, he's not even permitted to tell anyone who does not already know. His sister can spill the beans (and will eventually commit to doing so following the election) but he cannot.

Supporter
That had the chance for her to catch on that he cam understand Russian, she literally corrected what she wanted in Russian an somehow he knows.. but author-san will let this go on for atleast like 50 chaps yet
Her own sister won't even let it slip, even though she knows the moment he meets him for the first time. Again.

Supporter
Gonna be waiting a long while lol. We're 6 volumes in and she still doesn't know. Dunno if she finds out in the 7th since it's not fully translated yet, but still. Looong way to go.
I gotta wonder, after the bit early on in volume 7 if Masha may just play that card to finally push them apart. I know she says she still supports them, but it's hard to believe she actually believes that anymore.

Dex-chan lover
I gotta wonder, after the bit early on in volume 7 if Masha may just play that card to finally push them apart. I know she says she still supports them, but it's hard to believe she actually believes that anymore.
Yeah, it's really hard to say.
Part of me wants to believe she won't, but at the same time the other part of me is wholly aware how she's said that he should go for Alya. Meanwhile all the while she's hasn't stepped aside like she meant to.

This is the kind of love-triangle I hate. The kind with actually good and interesting characters, it's gonna be feelsbad as fuck once the actual choice comes around and the other character is devastated by it.

Honestly though, I think what I'm more curious about is how things are going to go as far as the mother is concerned after his latest performance on the piano.

Supporter
Yeah, it's really hard to say.
Part of me wants to believe she won't, but at the same time the other part of me is wholly aware how she's said that he should go for Alya. Meanwhile all the while she's hasn't stepped aside like she meant to.

This is the kind of love-triangle I hate. The kind with actually good and interesting characters, it's gonna be feelsbad as fuck once the actual choice comes around and the other character is devastated by it.

Honestly though, I think what I'm more curious about is how things are going to go as far as the mother is concerned after his latest performance on the piano.
While the triangle thing isn't my ideal either, it does spin naturally out of Alya's mistaken belief that nobody else sees Masachika's good points and she can therefore take all the time she wants to dance around him like she does without being decisive or even honest with herself. If she finds out that someone else is serious -- and that it's her own sister and that she saw all those good points years earlier -- it might just help her decide to fix that ugly part of her personality.

I'm also surprised the family drama didn't take precedence over relationship drama early on, but the translation is still just into the next day after the festival, IIRC. It may play in later, or it may get the focus in volume eight.

Dex-chan lover
Hold up hold up... Did you just insinuate that If a married couple has two children but then take a divorce, the two children seize to be siblings, therefore they can go to town with each other???

Let me guess... You are American and you are born and raised in Alabama yeah?? 😂😂😂

Not to burst your Alabama bubble my dude, but they are still very much siblings and blood related. So no, no legality with boinking each other😂🤣
It's still an interesting thing. Their names are different, and no one would know they are blood related at all. Whether they would be able to marry is another thing entirely. The only thing that ties them as siblings is their birth records. If one were to destroy, and fabricate new records. Not even the hospital, nor government would stand in their way.

Cute and all but this chapter is like a rip off from kaguya sama. Especially the "hand" method and those internal monologues

Dex-chan lover
It's still an interesting thing. Their names are different, and no one would know they are blood related at all. Whether they would be able to marry is another thing entirely. The only thing that ties them as siblings is their birth records. If one were to destroy, and fabricate new records. Not even the hospital, nor government would stand in their way.

This dude... You do understand you are promoting incest right? They are blood related! Blood... Related... The only problem you actually see is the existence of the government records?? Not the fact that they came out of the same womb???

You are also suggesting that it's okay if others don't know but the fact that your only issue is the societal pushback and official paperwork proving they are siblings... is... very disturbing. They are BLOOD related!! And they know it!!! Nobody else needs to know as long as they know!!! You are telling me that you would get it on with your sister as long as your parents separated and remarried and nobody else around you knew that you were brother and sister...?

Now, If you had said " I know it's incest and all and it's not going to happen but I ship Kuze x Yuki just because this is fiction and I find it cute" then I would genuinely accept that cause at the End of the day it's fiction so ppl can like whatever they like, it's not like it's real. But don't try rationalising why Yuki x Kuze would make sense, because it makes 0 sense no matter how hard you twist it. If you are trying to rationalize it then you are trying very hard to push brother and sister sexual relationship as a norm...please realise this!

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I liked the "frozen brain" panels, it was quite creative way to depict the situation IMO

Dex-chan lover
This dude... You do understand you are promoting incest right? They are blood related! Blood... Related... The only problem you actually see is the existence of the government records?? Not the fact that they came out of the same womb???

You are also suggesting that it's okay if others don't know but the fact that your only issue is the societal pushback and official paperwork proving they are siblings... is... very disturbing. They are BLOOD related!! And they know it!!! Nobody else needs to know as long as they know!!! You are telling me that you would get it on with your sister as long as your parents separated and remarried and nobody else around you knew that you were brother and sister...?

Now, If you had said " I know it's incest and all and it's not going to happen but I ship Kuze x Yuki just because this is fiction and I find it cute" then I would genuinely accept that cause at the End of the day it's fiction so ppl can like whatever they like, it's not like it's real. But don't try rationalising why Yuki x Kuze would make sense, because it makes 0 sense no matter how hard you twist it. If you are trying to rationalize it then you are trying very hard to push brother and sister sexual relationship as a norm...please realise this!
You are right but you don't have to make a paragraph to say Incest is bad

Users who are viewing this thread