Tokimori-san ga Muboubi desu!! - Ch. 42 - Tokimori-san replacing a light bulb

Dex-chan lover
Dude needs to Yuuki Rito his way into her panties. She will be too exhausted to fight back as he "falls" inside.

Dex-chan lover
bsT3So1.png

dnsTwKv.jpeg

Thanks for the chapter!
what the fuck is that reaction image bro

Dex-chan lover
I NEED progress. This "will they won't they" at this stage isn't "fluff" it's annoying. It's the one thing I get fed up with the fastest in rom-coms. Which is why I'm happy that "Go Home" finally had a confession, and that other one where he isekais into the MCs best friend but loves the "losing heroine" from ch. 1 is so satisfying. I'll find the name and edit.

Edit: these two:
https://mangadex.org/title/4a4d2e5f...-make-heroine-wo-zenryoku-de-shiawase-ni-suru

https://mangadex.org/title/737a846b-2e67-4d63-9f7e-f54b3beebac4/please-go-home-akutsu-san

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ugh, feels like this manga has no roadmap and is going nowhere at the speed of snails.

I want to ask about the sequence from the bottom of page 8 to page 9 though. What is she apologising for ? Does she actually understand what happened ? And if she did why apologise, and why in that way ? I get this is a translated work that can miss some nuance from the original language/culture. But to me it reads like she's apologising "sorry dear roommate and totally-not-a-romantic-prospect for showing you something too stimulating. I'm aware showing this amount of skin to a mere acquaintance like you is very inappropriate." And then, his fucking answer ? Wtf ? "No worries, fellow roommate. I'm very aware you're always trying your best at not cultivating any ill-suited feelings from me. Rest assured, there is no chance of waking up the beast that absolutely does not sleep inside me." Except with zero intended sarcasm. Skimming this chapter, their relationship after over a year looks pretty bad. But when actually thinking about it ? Downright pathetic.

Of course, it's also possible she misunderstood what got him acting up, but then the author would point at her pov explicitly, right ? Or the translator dropped the ball and missed something important, I guess that's always possible too.

Supporter
I NEED progress. This "will they won't they" at this stage isn't "fluff" it's annoying. It's the one thing I get fed up with the fastest in rom-coms. Which is why I'm happy that "Go Home" finally had a confession, and that other one where he isekais into the MCs best friend but loves the "losing heroine" from ch. 1 is so satisfying. I'll find the name and edit.

Edit: these two:
https://mangadex.org/title/4a4d2e5f...-make-heroine-wo-zenryoku-de-shiawase-ni-suru

https://mangadex.org/title/737a846b-2e67-4d63-9f7e-f54b3beebac4/please-go-home-akutsu-san
My brain wants to fight calling Losing Heroine an isekai (though I cannot deny that it is tagged as such), because the world of the manga that he enters is still set in the same modern day.

I would prefer to call it "Transferring Schools, With Extra Steps" but I understand that "isekai" is a shorter way of doing that.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, feels like this manga has no roadmap and is going nowhere at the speed of snails.

I want to ask about the sequence from the bottom of page 8 to page 9 though. What is she apologising for ? Does she actually understand what happened ? And if she did why apologise, and why in that way ? I get this is a translated work that can miss some nuance from the original language/culture. But to me it reads like she's apologising "sorry dear roommate and totally-not-a-romantic-prospect for showing you something too stimulating. I'm aware showing this amount of skin to a mere acquaintance like you is very inappropriate." And then, his fucking answer ? Wtf ? "No worries, fellow roommate. I'm very aware you're always trying your best at not cultivating any ill-suited feelings from me. Rest assured, there is no chance of waking up the beast that absolutely does not sleep inside me." Except with zero intended sarcasm. Skimming this chapter, their relationship after over a year looks pretty bad. But when actually thinking about it ? Downright pathetic.

Of course, it's also possible she misunderstood what got him acting up, but then the author would point at her pov explicitly, right ? Or the translator dropped the ball and missed something important, I guess that's always possible too.
You've overthought it. She's saying that she's sorry for flashing him (considering where her dress is cut vs where he's standing), which is a normal thing to apologize for from the perspective of the person doing the flashing.

Then he kind of sidesteps the awkwardness by complimenting her on the actual work that she's doing, since one of her defining character traits is being lazy at home. Implying that she doesn't need to worry about him or anything besides being focused on the task at hand, since for her that focus is commendable

Dex-chan lover
....this gets just even harder to believe that he's been living here for well over a year now and has not once had to change a light bulb there.
I wouldn't say it's that unlikely. I try to keep lights and electricity to a minimum, and it's only been a year and a half since I moved into my apartment that I finally got to replacing a few light bulbs in my bathroom. Not to mention today's light bulbs are quite advanced to last a while, especially the halogen ones.

Dex-chan lover
complimenting her on the actual work that she's doing
Oh. Fair enough. Him pretending to not understand that she noticed that he saw makes sense. That's an angle I hadn't seen.

On the other hand.

She's saying that she's sorry for flashing him […] which is a normal thing to apologize for from the perspective of the person doing the flashing.
Is exactly what I was saying. That's a perfectly natural reaction to having flashed a coworker. But not really for a potential romantic interest. Even accounting for shyness, it just seems weirdly stilted. Like she doesn't even see him as close enough of a friend that she could joke with him. (not even counting the thousand ways that this can be used for some light flirting but I guess that'd be too high level for these two (supposed) adults).

Group Leader
This is the first manga I'm starting to feel OK with not having any progress. On one hand I like the current dynamic cause it feels like they are already a thing. On the other hand, that dynamic has the rug pulled out at the end of each event and we're clearly reminded they are not a thing....

Dex-chan lover
I KNEW the next panel was gonna be an ass shot when he said he’d hold the chair :lul:

Users who are viewing this thread