Tokimori-san ga Muboubi desu!! - Vol. 2 Ch. 18 - Tokimori-san and new employee

Without drama, there'd be nothing going on here. You gotta have something happen in your story. If "woman lazes about while exposing her ass, with typical milquetoast herbivore MC watching" is all you got, you're not gonna get published for long.
I disagree I think that they could easily make the "drama" be the guy starting to gain self confidence and understanding that every one has weakness such as Tokimori's complete exhaustion and laziness. Both of them can not only better themselves but they can learn to grow as a couple and play off each others strengths and weakness. character written writing is great and how characters play off each other is really important to it. Considering that both of them have clearly defined arcs I think its safe to say that its kind of a disappointment that instead we see our mc's being drag along by the forced drama of whatever character they decided to implement at the time.

Dex-chan lover
Can you name some titles for recommendation? Genuinely curious.
I don't really like Komi, but it's one of the most obvious one, there's also Dorobou-chan, Sewayaki Senko-san, 100 Girlfriends, Awkward Senpai (unfortunately, no translation team picked this one up anymore), Kubo-san, Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta, Boku no Dokuhime, Boku no Kokoro Yabai Yatsu, Imouto no Tomodachi, It's Not Meguro-san First Time

I would like to recommend more, but honestly, it would be too much and it's also rough on my end 'cause there's no sort by genre on manga we followed in here, and to be fair, some of those titles have "problem" as plot point, but not drama at all, especially not "a bitch character that came out of nowhere that just gonna last for 2 or 3 chapter"

Dex-chan lover
Wow, going thru all those hoops just cause someone didn't wanna do your work for you

You lazy and insufferable fuck

You put all of that effort into being spiteful but not into your work.....TRASH

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, like anybody is gonna fire the best employee at the company xD

Dex-chan lover
I don't really like Komi, but it's one of the most obvious one, there's also Dorobou-chan, Sewayaki Senko-san, 100 Girlfriends, Awkward Senpai (unfortunately, no translation team picked this one up anymore), Kubo-san, Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta, Boku no Dokuhime, Boku no Kokoro Yabai Yatsu, Imouto no Tomodachi, It's Not Meguro-san First Time

I would like to recommend more, but honestly, it would be too much and it's also rough on my end 'cause there's no sort by genre on manga we followed in here, and to be fair, some of those titles have "problem" as plot point, but not drama at all, especially not "a bitch character that came out of nowhere that just gonna last for 2 or 3 chapter"
Wow, even 100 girlfriends? With a title like that I thought drama was inevitable, and the harem's too big for there to not be any competition for the MC. Well, I'll have to look into these later. Thanks for taking the time to write them.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, even 100 girlfriends? With a title like that I thought drama was inevitable, and the harem's too big for there to not be any competition for the MC. Well, I'll have to look into these later. Thanks for taking the time to write them.
I also recommend 100gf. Most of the girlfriends are very unique and memorable.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the chapter :)

Without drama, no progression. I'm sure it will be resolved quite quickly

Dex-chan lover
oh no super bitch alert
i'd let her beat me up tho

Dex-chan lover
The distance between levels of fluff and levels of drama is way too wide.

On one side we have lazy home living and slow-burn romance.
On the other, abusive ex and a massive bitch of a co-worker.
It feels like those are on completely opposite sides of the spectrum. Usually, we'd be getting a love rival or something. Nope, not here.

Dex-chan lover
Fair point, but it would at least need to be natural, at least the asshole guy was quite natural in revealing a bit of Tokimori past, this one feels like someone throw a brick on your face, that's why people keep saying it's forced

Also, to be really fair as well, there are series literally just build on fluff romance alone that are on-going or sells quite well
I'd say ToniKawa, but they have already retold Tsukasa's tragic past about 50 times in that, so...

Dex-chan lover
Breh instead of actually doing her work dis bitch files a complaint

MC8dnvc.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread