Tokubetsu na Chuutohanpa - Ch. 21 - Congratulations

Dex-chan lover
"I'll never hurt Asuna"

I dunno why, but that line in particular annoyed me
I understand, it's weird to see her say that after hurting Asuna to the point that she didn't have an appetite for days and lost 9 pounds. At the same time, I think it's sweet to see how much see switched up from before. She's determined to right all her wrongs no matter what it takes.

I absolutely love the story and character development in this manga. It's not your typical toxic relationship that seemingly gets a happy ending without change and repercussions for either character. Asuna learned her worth and tried to move on. She learned that her relationship with Misono was toxic and would've hurt the both of them in the long run. She decided to break what she truly loved off, which takes a lot of courage. Misono learned what she did was wrong, faced the consequences and is trying to right her wrongs now. She got over her comphet and wants to be happy with Asuna over what other people, including her parents, think. It also took lots of courage for her to do that. The sadness and inner monologues are beautifully written, so I'd like to also compliment the translator for that.

I'd say this manga is pretty much one of my favorites now.

Dex-chan lover
This is making me want yuri manga where the two girls go through stuff to get together but like here the relationship getting to that point is toxic, but then to follow that with them eventually breaking up and having to figure out healthy relationships with others

Fed-Kun's army
This is a great translation, thank you so much for picking it up and giving us some closure to this series! I appreciate that Asuna tried to move on and better herself while the prez realized she fucked up and finally broke up with the bf without the author dragging it on forever. Def hope we get at least one more kiss filled chapter between them, their hookup scenes were really fun and well done

Dex-chan lover
We knew the prez was a sadist but that line (I'll make her cry a bunch... In bed...) was pure savagery. I dropped my phone, went to get some air and came back to finish the chapter. That's how hard it hit.

Dex-chan lover
Such a good friend 😭

But damn from the Kabedon counter to the "I'll make her cry lots, actually", class prez really uno reversed this girl every step 😭

"Asuna and this...thing, will she be ok?" Extremely valid reaction lmao, pray for our girl

Supporter
Excellent manga all around and one of my new favorites. Glad sciencygirl recommended it in the yuri manga subreddit.

The comphet drama lasted just the right amount of time. Just long enough to feel crushing as I read but not long enough to put me off from reading further. Though I wonder if I'd still feel the same if I hadn't binge-read to this chapter.

I feel the author's greatest strength is conveying emotions, particularly tears of sadness/happiness and blushing. The art made me empathize strongly with the emotions of the characters. My heart constricted when they felt pain and sored when they felt happiness. And of course the doki-doki from the blush-inducing intimate moments.

Dex-chan lover
Found and read this one just today, a pretty cool little manga.

Thanks for the translations!

I'm a little worried about this continuing since you referred to it as a translation dump, hopefully you continuing or someone else picks it up as you intended

Dex-chan lover
Still dont get why Misono had to act that way. I mean, Kioko wasnt any good wingman for them and her approach wasnt smooth either, but still. Kioko is important to Asuna so im not sure it was a smart move, not to mention Misono nonchalantly threw Asuna out of the closet without her consent. Anyway... is a interesting side story but not sure i even cared about Kyoko thoughts, not this late in the story.

Supporter
Has this been dropped? Been more than 2 months since the last update. Really like this manga and am hoping to read more of it.

she wants to be a good friend and, tho she doesn't really have any overt homophobia to how she thinks about things, she views gay relationships as essentially doomed from the start rather than simply a way you can be.
I partially disagree with this statement, as she seems only to view gay crushes as less likely to become relationships rather than gay relationships being doomed from the start. Especially since in this case she is working under the assumptions that the president is straight and has a boyfriend

Users who are viewing this thread