Tokyo卍Revengers

The swastika on the title of this manga is a Buddhist symbol of peace the more commonly known Nazi swastika is a reverse of this one.

Fed-Kun's army
People keep going on and on about the swastika shit and don't even bother giving them their proper names, so because it's been irritating me; The Sauwastika in the title lies under the wide umbrella that is the term "Swastika", a term that as you know is commonly associated with the Nazi ideology, however in actuality this term first appeared in 1871 in a European text, the first appearance of the symbol that would in the future be referred to as a "Swastika" can actually be traced back to nearly 7000 years ago in Eurasia, many millennia before the rise of the Nazi regime.

But anyway we got a tad bit off topic, I didn't mean to give you a history lesson, I just wanted to tell you the proper names for the two symbols and insult you all. so without any further ado: The symbol in the title is known as a "Sauwastika", while the symbol colloquially known as the "Swastika"'s de facto moniker is "Hakenkreuz" which as you can see has been flipped and tilted.

Additionally here are the insults I promised: you're all dumb motherfucking fucko hecks.

Peace Love & Positivity friends.

8man, I don't think anyone doesn't get that in some other cultures the swastika is a symbol of peace and whatever, but here's a cultural newsflash: You aren't talking to anyone that's a part of that culture. You're talking to a bunch of people who know it for one thing, and one thing only, and it's the fucking Nazis. Saying, "Oh, but in China it's a symbol of peace" is probably the weakest justification you could possibly try for. We aren't in China. I'm not one for people crying "cultural appropriation" over banal shit like hairstyles or clothes, but Hitler absolutely culturally appropriated the shit out of the Swastika, and it has stood for genocide and hate for decades longer than you've been alive. Stop defending it.

Dude, Japanese allied with the Nazi Germany what do you expect? People claiming that the symbol means killing is wrong, but not totally wrong. Anyway, that symbol is only illegal in modern Germany and Poland only I think.

Dex-chan lover
Come on people. It's a Japanese manga, by Japanese people, for Japanese readers and you're reading it on a site where a vast majority of the comics are from Asia, by Asians and for Asians. There's no need to force western things into where they don't belong.

@ShdoopDoop
And the author is not in America, so stop accusing us for supporting them in not confirming to your Western ideals.

This symbol was a Clan's mark in Japan hundreds of years before that idiot got control of Germany. In Europe the Templars used the swastika for several hundred years.

Why should we stop using the symbol just because Hitler decided to appropriate it? That just cements the meaning that he placed on it and prevents us from growing past it.

Well damn. I knew it wouldn't just be sunshine and rainbows, but damn.

Sidenote:
I feel like the manga cover used on the page should keep with the current status of the scanlation. Maybe that's just me, but even cover art can be kinda spoiler-y if you're far behind.

This manga is translated to about chapter 70 on aggregate sites. How come this one is at 30 something chapters?

@solen i think aggregate sites rip the licensed kodansha translations, this version is fan-translated directly from raws by twistedhelscans

That's what I suspected hence I didn't name any sites it where on. As I knew it wasnt Twistedhelscans who did em. Thanks for the heads up @elledriverxc

@iloveaquariums123 I read to chapter 97, hes the kinda guy that always get killed in stories like these because he thinks with his heart.

Mod Note: Removed spoiler tags I had previously added.

Users who are viewing this thread