Tomb Raider King

oh geez I tho korean webtoon was decent not great and bad but after the 1st and 2nd wave of them they end up like chinese one super saturated and the next generation bunch of super bland one......

Been meaning to read this one for a couple of months but never came around to do it, until yesterday that is. Started reading it yesterday afternoon and finished reading all currently published chapters shortly after lunch today, I don’t know if I’m lucky that I started reading this during a period of mass releases or if I’m unlucky for not having read this earlier. Anywho, it’s a great read and if you haven’t already then check it out :3

@Pokari idk about you but these mc's are much better then most manga :peepoglad: plus they get attacked first and counter it by killing them ? Do you just want them to let the people trying to kill them go ?

It gets worse every chapter unfortunately. 135 is the end of accepting that mc gets dumber every minute.

Contributor
@Skine:

If you feel these protagonists are better than those in "most manga" on these counts, I can only assume that we have very different reading lists. XD

The final straw for me was them
essentially blowing up an entire airport and everyone in it along with the "bad guys", and showing not even the faintest qualm, not even a hint that anyone even thought that was somewhat regrettable,
though that incident by itself would just be bad writing. The way he treats his "friends"
(slave contracts, constant deception and callous manipulation, etc)
probably rubbed me the wrong way a lot more fundamentally.

But there was boatloads of stuff that bothered me with this. (Like, in general, the protagonist really strikes me as the sort of toxic dumbass that... well, certain young men who get obsessed about protagonists not being "alpha" enough, might advocate for. Be selfish, enjoy hurting people, take everything through force!—the sort of dumb, semi-sociopathic stuff that really gives credence to the whole "toxic masculinity" thing.)

@Pokari
Personally, I don’t like those protagonists that are humble ass shits that hide their powers and when they come from the future they be like “oh no future be change if we gon do smthin different and it very bad for the world”, this really is just a nice change of pace from those kinds of manga. And it’s also not executed all that terribly, I like it.

Also, about blowing up the airport, I also moderately liked it, although he does somewhat care about “the innocent citizens” he isn’t a goody two shoes that will let his enemy escape just because of them.

Also, one thing I particularly like about the mc, is his decisiveness, unlike others.

Contributor
@Thoxi1026: Preferring forthright protagonists is a perfectly fine preference to have? That seems reasonable. But cautiousness or boldness is not my issue here.

I'm not sure I can agree with you on "acceptable casualties" premises though. Like, it's just silly fiction and all, but...

@Pokari
Sorry, I’m so dumb I don’t get what ur saying (not sarcasm, I literally am dumb), but u have ur own way of seeing this, I have my own, I might be blinded by the fact that I like this manhua that I can’t see what u mean.

Last thing I really like, the 2 waifus, Irene and of course, rope-chan.

Infuriating. That is the only way to describe this.

The potential is there, but the story and the characters are dumb.
They get angry for no good reason, they are all dense as rocks, and they don't act like humans.
It would be OK if this was a COMEDY comedy. But it's not. It's just very, very, VERY badly written.

If you want something similar, that while far from perfect is infinitely superior, go read "solo leveling".

If this was to be published in Japan, it would have been laughed out of the door.

Cmon Korea, you can do better. You are not China.

Fed-Kun's army
Your basic junk food type maga. Sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's so bad that it's good. The plot and logic diverge often. But, hey the author does try to have atleast one central plot theme going on. It's hit 140 + but no reasonable explanation regarding what relics actually are, and their origin.

@lopolo I'd say this is leagues better then solo leveling. Especially since I went and read the ending of solo leveling and its complete shit

Group Leader
Another
bites the dust

They get angry for no good reason, they are all dense as rocks, and they don't act like humans.
Let me guess you haven’t been to the united states of america. or ever been on twitter.

KKJ scans, I love you!
Wonderful work !
A.azing job !
Thank you !
So much!
.....I don't know why I'm writing it like this either, just thank you and I love you Haha!
Also, I've read so many manhuas that for me these guys don't get angry that often lmao, when you start reading chinese mangas your faith in humanity will be restored cause they're too annoying and you'll be soooooo calm afterwards, you'd need more to get angry, you'll feel like a saint and you'd appreciate everything way better, and if they make something with no drama it's instant masterpiece since they usually just hurt your head with their disgusting, pathetic and annoying sh*ts, I used to be picky but now as long as I can read it without it hurting my head I feel like it's good enough lmao.
Still, this one is way better, I mean he's always ruining the life of the villains and that's amazing to me, for once it's not some garbage where they wait till the end of the whole series to finally meet them lmao, especially since they usually do whatever the heck they want to our MC's but the heroes do nothing, so for once that it's the opposite with his memories...etc I really like it, well I guess this is also a question of opinion so just say if you like it or not instead of insulting the author and the people working on this, if they like what they're doing then let them be, many other people like it as well, don't be such a downer when you're getting things for free, you ain't paying sh*t for it so don't try and act like a connoisseur of some kind, it's really annoying when y'all act all arrogant even though theft is bad enough you're also judging what you stole, what kinda hypocrisy is that ?? Just be good, if it was really trash then we'd understand but here you're just being waaayy too sensitive.
And no it's not like solo leveling, that one makes you become claustrophobic, and just cause there are some similarities doesn't mean that it's bad, especially since solo leveling got its inspiration from The Sorcerer King which is way better in my opinion, anyways, if you like it you like it, if you don't you don't, but don't judge it based on your own misconceptions, that's very ignorant of you so stop it.

@necromach yeah, ikr. I mean I like sololeveling but damn the superiority complex from some of the fans is unreal, if you think it's shit, don't read it, simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread