Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - Vol. 7 Ch. 755 - How Will He Come At Me?!

a door that opens out and not in ... it's very stupid.. of course you will hit someone someday..

RS

Contributor
@fodaobr22 It's an exit door, so yeah. If there was an emergency, a door that open to the inside could block the flow of people (panic, etc).

Dex-chan lover
@RS What flow of people? That is Juns house. Not some public shop or space.

Dex-chan lover
"How Will He Come At Me?!" huehuehue ;)

Good girl, learn now and you'll make him a happy man.

@doorchat. My front door opens in as well. In fact every door in my house opens into the room they lead to.

Dex-chan lover
@RS I have yet to see a front door leading to a personal space, be it a house or an apartment, being opened outward.
And you can't compare a house/apartment with some public space/shop. Don't know what crazy stuff happens at your home but i don't have a constant flow of people going in and out.

You guys realize that door opens outside simply to save space and no other additional reason, right?

Dex-chan lover
@Lazybum
You guys realize that door opens outside simply to save space and no other additional reason, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door#Outward_and_inward_opening
However, inward-hinged doors can also escalate an accident by preventing people from escaping the building: people inside the building may press against the doors, and thus prevent the doors from opening. This was partly the case in the Grue Church fire in Norway in 1822.

Doesn't sound like "no other additional reason".

@Nolonar
Its a house for a small family, not a public place. Public places have many more issues to take into account during planning.
They have small area infront of the door to leave your shoes in their houses, and often its pretty much impossible to reserve space for inward opening door in that area. Western houses usually have this area in the corridor further along or on the doorside.

Dex-chan lover
All these intense conversations here made me realize that all the manga I've read, the home doors open outward... I mean I knew but ??! It is a common trope in manga after all, getting hit by opening doors ?

Dex-chan lover
Wait, you don't have doors opening outwards? In here you pretty much can't find a house door that opens inwards. And no, you really never hit anyone with them. Lets get a rollcall about the door situation in different countries, here (I'm from Finland).

Users who are viewing this thread