Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - Vol. 8 Ch. 940 - Intentionally Serious

Dex-chan lover
Oooh, okay. I get it. So we're going to make it a game of endurance. Since the terms are "anytime", the two of them can just alternate until dad gets worn down in a few days.

Part of me wants the anticlimactic end, where Tomo’s confession staggered her dad. Win by default

Dex-chan lover
@Sancturil personally I want Jun, or a tag team, for two reasons. First, having Tomo win because her dad held back would feel anticlimatic after the author made such a bit deal of this fight. Second, Jun already had an inferiority complex for most of the series, he would feel awful if after his failure Tomo comes and saves the day.

Dex-chan lover
Some recent comments have been first-rate idiocy.

The point is to get the consent of Tomo's father. Her father has said that he will consent if defeated by Jun; her father has made no such offer in the case of a defeat by any other person, including Tomo; he's made no such offer in the case of Jun teaming-up with another fighter, including Tomo.

The whole idea of Tomo fighting her father is no more sensible that just hiring the Yakuza to deal with the man, because it would only be by using the beating as a tool of extortion that she could get him to yield.

Double-page supporter
... am I really the only one who sees this as Tomo giving Jun the chance to "beat" her and "take back his gameboy" omce and for all? That's the entirety of this story. Jun didn't see Tomo as a girl because he looked up to her manliness, and then he felt conflicted about being in love with someone who was stronger than he was, so he fell prey to his insecurity and ignored his feelings. Tomo is giving him ghe chance to show that he doesn't have to rely on her, and he's reached her level of strength. She's showing him that they can be partners, and she'll support him, but that he can get it done himself if he really gets serious and tries.

At least I hope that's the direction it's going.
We'll know soon enough...

Fed-Kun's army
I like the look in your eyes Jun. Now make it mean something!

Dex-chan lover
@Sancturil and I can't anything more fitting for their first activity as a couple.
@Oeconomist Jun wasn't disqualified for using Akemi as a tool, so it could very well be that him tagging with Tomo would be within the rules. And Gorou would definitely give his consent if they manage to defeat him with the power of their love (and their fists).
@evergreenoaktree I like your analisys.

I hope Jun doesn't win because it will be funny and we can get Tomo in action

Dex-chan lover
@Lex79

No, this matter cannot be lawyered. Gorou has old-fashioned ideas that no boy should date Tomo unless he's good enough to marry Tomo, and that no man is good enough to marry Tomo unless he can better protect her than can Gorou himself.

Gorou is allowing Tomo's presence just as he allowed Akemi's presence. Jun didn't have Akemi throw any punches.

Group Leader
@Oeconomist
The whole idea of Tomo fighting her father is no more sensible that just hiring the Yakuza to deal with the man, because it would only be by using the beating as a tool of extortion that she could get him to yield.
Tomo fighting her father is not as stupid as her father's demand and he certainly needs to get beaten to a pulp for being such an idiot. This whole final arc is just plain stupid.

@Sancturil
He had no place to intercede in between Tomo and Jun's relationship.
If Jun was obviously some kind of delinquent or overt pervert then, yeah, maybe he oughta interfere, but there's nothing about Jun that he could complain about. It all boils down to wanting his daughter to be a virgin forever.

Frankly, Tomo and Jun should just tell the old man to go fuck himself.

Group Leader
@Oeconomist
It could only be made worse by treating a resolution of one sort as if if were a resolution of a different sort.
900+ "chapters" before the main characters become a "couple" and then this shit. Like so many other series, the main characters won't become a actual couple until the very last "chapter" and we won't get to see them enjoying each other as significant others. We probably won't even get to see them kiss. As a sucker for childhood friend romances, I consider this series utter trash romance-wise. There have been a lot of arcs that were just plain idiotic, but this one takes the cake. As a final arc, it is unbelievably disappointing.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm getting a headache from both this and mousou telepathy taking so long to get the mc's together. This has been way too long a ride.

Users who are viewing this thread