Tonari no Furi-san ga Tonikaku Kowai - Vol. 5 Ch. 36

Dex-chan lover
I didn't want to change the text too much and make what they're saying completely different from the original
It'd be one thing if you were translating from the original Japanese (which has its own issues since a direct word-for-word JP>EN translation often leads to incredibly funky English), but if you're translating the Spanish TL into English, "staying true to the original" has already gone out the window thanks to whatever translation decisions the JP>Spanish TL made.

I'd rather you focus on making the English TL more pleasant to read.

Group Leader
It'd be one thing if you were translating from the original Japanese (which has its own issues since a direct word-for-word JP>EN translation often leads to incredibly funky English), but if you're translating the Spanish TL into English, "staying true to the original" has already gone out the window thanks to whatever translation decisions the JP>Spanish TL made.

Yep, that's true, thankfully someone has offered to help translate from JP and proofread so hopefully it'll flow better going forward. Sorry for any inconvenience

Thanks a bunch for picking this one up. I really enjoyed it but thought it was just cancelled or something.

Love from Belgium :)

Group Leader

Can confirm everything you said, I'm collaborating with legoghs now to make sure any deviation, dropped nuance or mistranslation is known about (to the best of my own ability)!

Users who are viewing this thread