Tonari no Furi-san ga Tonikaku Kowai

Dex-chan lover
Oh my gosh, as expected from this group's choice, this is adorable! It's not even a really original premise, but it's done in such a refreshing way!

Dex-chan lover
We totally need more of this! The cute delinquent theme romance genre are great.

This is like when your grandma buys you the chinese knockoff "super fun device" instead of a nintendo for christmas, except for Komi-san.

The main male character lacks any of Tadano's interesting features--such as his desperation to be "normal" after being a chunni, his empathy and positivity, and his absurd overreactions--and actively seems to just fear and dislike the female lead. The female lead's secret sensitive side is just blurted out on the page instead of being hinted at, reserved for private moments, or used for comic relief, and the idea that she's some kind of delinquent is an informed characteristic based totally on her appearance, rather than any misunderstanding (s/f/r: Kitai in Komi-san) or a personality taken up to cover for insecurity (e.g. Asuka in NGE). Overall the writing is dull and "tell-y", as opposed to the more elegant use of small visual cues and allusion in Komi-san. The art overall is bland and lifeless, as well, with very little detail.

Overall this is a very poor series and joins the other Komi hangers-on in the dust.

Group Leader
@dheretic Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but, at least for me, this could end up being a much more pleasurable series than Komi-san. My biggest problem with Komi-san is an aversion to the he/she/it character whose antics are probably supposed to be funny but I, for one, don't find them in the least bit amusing. The series would be about 1,000 x better if he/she/it wasn't in it at all. Of course, that's just my opinion. Let's just see if it takes Taira-kun as long to confess to Furi-san as Tadano-kun takes to confess to Komi-san...

@FredFriendly You'd be wrong. No matter how annoying Najimi or whatever that characters name it, there wouldn't be a series without them. They force the MCs out of their comfort zone all the time. Without them the two MCs would never take a step forward. It's because of their 3rd wheeling that Komi now has even more friends.

Dex-chan lover
Why the heck people compare this to Komi-san. The premise itself is already different in the first place. The only similarity it have with Komi-san is the scanlator.

Supporter
If ya'll are looking for more cute shit, this almost has the exact same premise: https://mangadex.org/title/25862/pashiri-na-boku-to-koisuru-banchou-san

Users who are viewing this thread