Tonari no Gyaru ga Miyabi Sugiru!? - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
All the cuteness jam packed into one chapter, Soo cute. Now back to being sad now

Dex-chan lover
Why does someone who cares about poise, and how one carries themselves, not seem to do either well themselves? He hardly looks like a graceful or elegant man, but seems to expect it from the women around him, or at least use it as a point of criticism.

Dex-chan lover
Tachibana's an elegant and cute gal because she's elegant at the restaurant her family works at. Man, I didn't expect that. She tries to be stylish and different at school, but her true self really does shine no matter what.

I'm guessing she gets attracted to Kazesaki because he really does realize who she really is, and he likes it. That's cute! We need more though!

Dex-chan lover
This manga is obviously a pilot. And it's appealing. But a series would be tedious unless elements not in what we see here became the theme.

Dex-chan lover
Why does someone who cares about poise, and how one carries themselves, not seem to do either well themselves? He hardly looks like a graceful or elegant man, but seems to expect it from the women around him, or at least use it as a point of criticism.
I care about how well an airplane I ride in is constructed, maintained, and piloted, but I don't do any of those things well.

People can care about our notice things they aren't good with.

But also he's noticing the disparity between her posture and all against the stereotype for gyaru. It doesn't come across that he thought she has to be that way.

Dex-chan lover
I care about how well an airplane I ride in is constructed, maintained, and piloted, but I don't do any of those things well.
The comparison between how a person thinks people should behave, and a person's worry in an airplane's safety, is not very good. I'm just saying it's hypocritical to have expectations of others and not meet those expectations yourself.

But also he's noticing the disparity between her posture and all against the stereotype for gyaru.
It doesn't come across that he thought she has to be that way.
True I get you, but he also states in the first half that gyrus have no grace (or something similar) as a criticism, which is why he's shocked by FMC's posture. I suppose it's his particular obsession with FMC's poise that make me feel like he holds that in high regard, while seemingly having little of it himself.

Just how I see it anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Is Japan doing ok? I've been seeing more and more male MCs who are excessively harsh and critical of themselves with basically negative confidence when they call themselves trashy losers and such.

I think Japan needs a hug or something.

Group Leader
Insecurity, I guess?

Is Japan doing ok? I've been seeing more and more male MCs who are excessively harsh and critical of themselves with basically negative confidence when they call themselves trashy losers and such.

I think Japan needs a hug or something.
Guy's lacking confidence in himself, seems to be bad at socializing, too. Maybe he's not attractive in universe, or good at academic. Puberty makes your insecurities even worse. Hard to be confident when you are objective just average at everything.

Contributor
"Because I picked some flowers!"

She actually said this line in lieu of saying she was back from a toilet break... I mean, wow. True, not a line I'd expect from a gyaru. She lives up to the title, being overly refined and all.

Kazesaki's low self-esteem got kinda grating to me at times. I normally don't like weak male leads like this, but I at least have to give it to him for being honest, speaking out (at least to Tachibana) when he has to. He makes a lot of excuses but his actions with her tell a different story because in the end he manages to deliver. Credit where credit is due, I guess.

Pretty sure girls would appreciate a guy who knows how to cook, and his lunch is definitely a cut above the average.

I think I'd be interested in a serialization, but only if Kazesaki's going to develop from this initial state. Tachibana is sufficiently interesting enough with her elegant gyaru gimmick, although I'd love it if she also turned out to be more than just that.

Aggregator gang
Author trying to pass yamato nadeshiko manga as a gyaru manga and expect us not to notice it.

Users who are viewing this thread