Tonari no Onee-san ga Suki - Ch. 27 - Why didn't you just run away?

Power Uploader
I'm back with more input, last page Tasuku asks a direct question, "But... could you have even be able to run away from her?", there might be a better phrasing but the gist is that, Shia makes it sound like she decided not to run away (you know, so she could be the more mature of the two and be open to dialogue) and then he asks her if she was even able to run away to begin with.

Group Leader
I'm back with more input, last page Tasuku asks a direct question, "But... could you have even be able to run away from her?", there might be a better phrasing but the gist is that, Shia makes it sound like she decided not to run away (you know, so she could be the more mature of the two and be open to dialogue) and then he asks her if she was even able to run away to begin with.
If I got that right, you're saying to replace the actual "But... You could have run away from that one, right?" with something like "But... Would've you even been able to run away?".

Power Uploader
If I got that right, you're saying to replace the actual "But... You could have run away from that one, right?" with something like "But... Would've you even been able to run away?".
Yes, the nuance is that like always Tasuku doesn't mince his words and is just straight out pointing that he didn't believe she was capable of running away even is she wanted to.

Group Leader
I don't think you can shorten "Would you have..." to "Would've you...". Also, "Could you have" already emphasises possibility and capability, no need to go with "Would you have been able to...".

If you want something shorter to fit in the speech bubble, "[If you had decided to run away from her,] Could you even have outran her?" might do the trick.

Group Leader
I don't think you can shorten "Would you have..." to "Would've you...". Also, "Could you have" already emphasises possibility and capability, no need to go with "Would you have been able to...".

If you want something shorter to fit in the speech bubble, "[If you had decided to run away from her,] Could you even have outran her?" might do the trick.
Perhaps it should be "Would you've even been...", but as far as rules and grammar goes I think that one's correct too.
If I were to write "Would you have..." a more correct structure would be "Would you even have...".

Last edited:
Group Leader
Perhaps it should be "Would you've even been...", but as far as rules and grammar goes I think that one's correct too.
If I were to write "Would you have..." a more correct structure would be "Would you even have...".
"Would you have even" and "Would you even have" are both grammatically correct and mean the same thing, just a matter of minor nuance.

"Would you have been able to" and "Could you have" are also both grammatically correct but they imply different things. The "would have" version focuses on the event wherein the ability is present, whereas the "could have" version questions the innate possibility of the capability.

Group Leader
"Would you have even" and "Would you even have" are both grammatically correct and mean the same thing, just a matter of minor nuance.

"Would you have been able to" and "Could you have" are also both grammatically correct but they imply different things. The "would have" version focuses on the event wherein the ability is present, whereas the "could have" version questions the innate possibility of the capability.
With both bubbles "But... You could have ran away then?" might be the best way to put it.

Dex-chan lover
Page 3 is what most men dream of. This man is living our dream.

Users who are viewing this thread