Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - Questing At The Adventure's Guild

Dex-chan lover
@Meybi

Gods don't actually exist down on the planet, but Feru is pretty much as close to the top tier of beings as can be. And theoretically, he could still be sniped almost anytime if Feru doesn't have that barrier up (which is totally invisible, so he literally has no way of knowing when it's up).

@Talismaster

Considering that the country who summoned him is pretty much thinking of the 3 heroes they 'acknowledged as heroes' as 'brainwashable cannonfodder', who would stay there?

And well, considering his powers are so far 1) dimensional space 2) shopping from a japanese site via the internet and 3) cooking skills , from the start, he's only really had three choices to go for the future 1) Merchant / Transporter / Porter , 2) Chef / Restaurantowner 3) Adventurer (as he is now).

Basically 'The Game was rigged from the start'.
And well, while him having slaves instead might've been nicer to another part of the audience, quite frankly, he would've had to luck out on finding one very strong slave for sale just as he's summoned, at a price noone is willing to pay, but he's able to pay (likely due to having sold something otherwordly), but a) no mention of whether slavery is a thing or not in that world and b) even if it is, what're the odds of powerful (most likely female) battle slaves being sold in the capitol just as he's summoned ? True it happens in other novels, but not necessarily in the first few days, or if it does the slaves in question tend to be rather wounded so they might not live long, and in this case, he has no way of healing them.

That damn Feru is a bad influence for Sui, just how much did he want to make Sui into a Killer Slime?

@Robbini actually he has!, everything that is brought from the "normal" world, has abnormal status in this world, giving tons of buffs, and tasting much better than the food found there. If he manages to find medicine in the supermarket it would probably be over effective and Sui's medicine have regen effect.

i actually like this a lot. a nice change from those alpha/i want revenge/save the world/i have gone mad kind of stories. there are a lot of those out there and you can read them all you want but don't come here and bitch about how he is doing his tsukkomi duty and being a wuss. It's part of who he is. He is a cowardly grown man who likes peace and though he freaks out about everything atleast he is still trying to deal with in being in a totally different world. An isekai with less dicks and boobs/kyaaa~ kyaaa~s/ unnecessary tsundere violence are a nice change of pace. Just appreciate that we got slow ones like these. We don't get a lot of it.

and most importantly we get a bad influence old dog uncle, an adorably violent sweetheart of a slime and a glutton goddess.

Dex-chan lover
No idea why people bother to read stories that are just not what they want. I read things to see if i like them. I don't keep reading when i KNOW its not what i want.

Dex-chan lover
@Robbini
You’re absolutely right.

@cax1994
Pretty much. I like this series for being somewhat different from the norm. This series is slice of life, with the action-packed bits being comedic-toned. We don’t need a generic shounen protagonist, and a host of women. Mukoda is his own distinct character. Yes, his character is pathetic in its own right, but it’s character flaws like that that make him distinctly different from the rest. He’s not trying to save the world, or get revenge. All he’s trying to do is live a peaceful life, and keep everyone involved with him happy and fed. And it shows, in his willingness to hunt goblins despite him not wanting to. That in itself is a virtue.

@Meybi
Am I? I’ve got a pretty strong understanding of this story, if only to the point I can read it and infer what kind of messages and themes it’s trying to sell. Can you say the same? We’re several chapters in and his personality should be very clear to the reader, which is your complaint, right?

Mukoda is a normal salaryman born to a modern world. He has no ambitions, and his main constant worry is his livelihood. He doesn’t have a cheat combat skill. He’s probably never been in a fight before coming to this world. He’s normal. This story would be more generic if he was a devious bad boy that used Fenrir to get revenge on the country that summoned him, he’d be more pathetic as a person if he used Fenrir’s authority extremely often to get what he wanted. If he had enough bravery or audacity to snuff the lives of goblins without batting an eye, he’d be an aberrant to what our world considers normal, until maybe compared against Tate no Yuusha’s Ren, who does so because he thinks the world to be a VR simulation.

Salty people are salty because they can't self insert into a power wanking fulfillment fantasy.

I agree to what all of the people here saying in response to the complaints of MC's character.

And then just to add, the people who complains about the nature and flow of the story this much chapters in, is just like a certain MD user who complains in a lot of isekai mangas when the MC doesn't f--k every girl he encounters (iykwim). Yeah, that's how ridiculous they sound.

To all kids who keep telling others to stop being salty

Everyone can be salty however the fuck they want, it is their rights, you don't get to tell others what to do and if borrowing from your logics, if you don't like seeing other people being salty, don't read the comment section yourself dumbass, also stop being salty yourself because it completely makes your arguments pointless as you didn't even look at the mirror first before saying it

@fifthtouch Who are you? My father? Suck my dick father

btw I can be salty however the fuck I want so you should instead telling yourself to stop telling other people what to do you inhumane violator of human rights freedom

Aggregator gang
This manga is just a guy and his pets in a fantasy world.

I love it.

Dex-chan lover
@Meybi
Pretty sad that reading a picture book is where you intellectually draw the line when it comes to reading. I'll spare you and block you now.

@MrEd
This. People can complain, that's perfectly fine. I love complaining about that Rental Girlfriend one. It's fun to rag on.

However, where I draw the line is being able to justify why you can rag on it. I can explicitly define what I hate about Rental Girlfriend, and I read it so I can confirm nothing's changed and bash it each chapter. If you're going to cry about the MC, Mukoda, being a beta cuck, when the plot of the story was never calling for an alpha male, yeah, I'm pretty mad.

The pets are foils to Mukoda's cowardice and cynicism. Fen and Sui respectively. Fenrir IS the alpha male in this story. There was never a need for Mukoda to be one - the role was already filled. This isn't college level understanding either. Just a simple division of roles and stereotypes. If y'all can't understand that, please, give an effort to now.

Edit: tl;dr, If you can give a valid point other than "muh opinion" on why you dislike or critique something, that's something I can respect.

Dex-chan lover
if having a giant intellectual wolf pointing out which quest you should take isn't a head-turner, then i'm afraid the only thing turnin your neck after that are either some tig ol' bitties or the classic neck snap

I’m here for the Sui, the proud papa MC, the bad uncle Fenir, and Sui wanting to kill things by saying ‘pew pew’.

Users who are viewing this thread