Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi - Vol. 7 Ch. 37 - Fun Shopping

Dex-chan lover
I'm very curious who "They" are, I imagine some new drunken deities who're gonna come along and ask for a beer keg from the guy. Oh, and give some blessings of course

Dex-chan lover
Rookie isekai protagonists struggle when dealing with just one useless goddess.

Dex-chan lover
It's going to be funny if he somehow turned into a god when this series ends. I wonder what god he will turn into.

@sherlock0790 except you don't ever talk to god in the real world.

The point is more like... it'd be fine if he didn't know, because then he would've never had any issue with it since... he wouldn't know. (Duh)
It's like if you shower alone at home and your neighbor just walks up to you one day and says "Yea, I've been watching you shower."
And considering how the goddesses and him interact, they are not quite in the "Mortal/God" type of interaction and I'd say the neighbor anecdote kinda fits well here.
That aside, for Japanese, Gods aren't really an omnipotent/omniscient beings like in the modern western world where most people believe in a single omniscient god.

@Loonila205
I treat them like regular side characters. They don't really contribute anything to the story for me and maybe they will in the future, but it does add some diversity to the characters when they pop up so that he's not always just interacting with the same 3 characters every single chapter. The fact they aren't here every chapter means that the author can kind of throw them in here and there so he can mix up the interactions a bit. Otherwise, it'd be pretty boring if he just kept talking to Sui/Fel each chapter. I mean, he could make new characters all the time, but then we'd run into characters being made just to be thrown away, and that's a lot of work to just be thrown away.

when will those MALE gods be making appearance (and asking for offerings)? 😉

Dex-chan lover
What's the point of being a goddess if you don't automatically smell nice and look pretty. They're basically regular women with one superpower they can choose to blessed others with.
A god/goddess should at least be able to summon items from another world on their own or at least be able to get them themselves.
I know it's just part of this storyline to keep him connected and blessed but being a god in this world sucks, they don't even have good sweets and they can get fat 😩 nah, this ain't it.

Double-page supporter
@ thefabulouspotato
He did in the novel but then the author just causally mentioned it and left it to the reader to assume he was wearing the clothes n a normal manner. In the manga someone is going to actually have to draw the different clothes he wear. Also, not sure if I remember right but I think he did the typical man thing and found a style of tunic/shirt he liked and rather than shop for different shirts just got the same shirt in three different colors. Again I may be miss remembering this.. It kind of reminds me of Trevor Noah with his 10+ different color hoodies he wore almost all of 2020. So it couldn't be that hard to keep drawing the same style shirt in slightly different shades...

Users who are viewing this thread