Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi - Vol. 7 Ch. 38 - Is THAT thing's meat good?

Dex-chan lover
@kavinh
fried spider is a delicacy in Cambodia. Remove as much hair as you can, and don’t eat the fangs. If you cook them, curled legs are an indicator of how done they are and how well cooked the insides are. One of the most common edible spiders is the Thai zebra spider, but it is venomous and aggressive.
Prolly need to ask a cambodian for input.

Fed-Kun's army
their thoughts are the same way i feel about the fake plant meat. its ok, but i rather have real meat.

Dex-chan lover
If it tastes anything close to crab, then I’m game. However, it’s understandable they’d want to go back to meat after eating
such high-quality monsters. And those Goddesses pig out on hooch and sweets. Makes me wonder what the male Gods (if they’re there)
prefer.

@le_flemard Duh, it’s an imitation. You think idk that? Most of them don’t even have crabs in it. Hey, but if you cook it right, it taste quite similar. I just want to remind you that not everyone has access to crabs and not everyone can afford it.

Dex-chan lover
this chapter reminds me that i should really drop by the market and grab some imitation crab
stuff works great when you mash it with mayo to make a salad sandwich, but i'll be damned if it doesn't make the fridge stink after a day if you went for the fresh stuff.
also i'd say i put fish pretty high on my basic "meat" hierarchy (shut your face it's totally a meat and pescatarians are just making excuses to cheat)

but yeah it's something like Redmeat (beef, lamb, etc.)>Crab>Salmon>Pork>Tuna/Whitefish>Whitemeat (turkey, chicken) and things like squid or eel are floating somewhere in between

that said, I base it off the meat being prepared on it's own (steak, chicken breast, salmon fillet, etc) because obviously you can prepare any of these in a way that surpasses the others (EX: Orange Chicken>BBQ pork)

thank you all for listening to my TEDtalk

welcome to doran
this shield and sword cost 450 gold and the ring cost 400

wince you're magician I suggest you buy the ring and potions

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this is just classic herp derp, I don't like eating insects and arachnids because they're gross, eww. Crabs, lobsters, and shrimp are basically just water insects and arachnids anyways. Eww, gross.

Dex-chan lover
@comeonnow0 you know that lobster and crab are some of the most iconic seafood you can have and taste amazing if cooked right. Shrimps are just juciy and plump and go well with a lot of salty foods but if you don't like it, its your opinion.

@imadoathing

YOOOOO I get shit on by my siblings for being serious about the order of my ‘meat’ hierarchy, who knew I would find a comrade on mangadex

On that note, WE HAVE THE SAME TASTE, I put squid after salmon cuz if done right it’s just👌 (Plain is also great). I would also seperate my redmeats but that makes the list complicated. However, I’m gonna have to disagree on ur pork placement. On its own, I think plain chicken is far superior to pork but I guess this also highly depends on which part of the animal it is and cooking method (both can be extremely dry).

Sincerely
- a fellow meat lister

Users who are viewing this thread